Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I thought I had read that the dealer will top off the DEF during an oil change but I can't find it anywhere. Curious if they do this. When I received my Jeep new it was at 75% full but I was planning (and did) a break in oil change and was thinking they'd top it off then but they didn't. Just curious what I should expect.
Sponsored

bryan8379

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
I thought I had read that the dealer will top off the DEF during an oil change but I can't find it anywhere. Curious if they do this. When I received my Jeep new it was at 75% full but I was planning (and did) a break in oil change and was thinking they'd top it off then but they didn't. Just curious what I should expect.
Mine didn't, I didn't ask about it either. Maybe if you had a dealer that was working on HD trucks as well they would but mine is Jeep only.

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

They don't top off the DEF. The most extra free service I get upon request is a 5 tire rotation imo the Blue DEF "Platinum" formula is superior to the Mopar DEF and it's by far cheaper at your local Lowe's.

OP
OP
xylodan

xylodan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Great to know! Thanks all!

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
No f'ing way I'd let a dealer change my oil. On the petrol they can't seem to fill the right level and on the diesel most don't use the right oil.

gregssstaaa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just got my first Jeep Wave oil change and they did not top off the DEF. And they will only do 4 tire rotations. Just stopped off at the local Walmart and bought a 2.5 Gal of BlueDEF for $12 on the way home.

9mmkungfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Just got my first Jeep Wave oil change and they did not top off the DEF. And they will only do 4 tire rotations. Just stopped off at the local Walmart and bought a 2.5 Gal of BlueDEF for $12 on the way home.
That's about $4.80/gallon.

If you guys have a truck stop nearby, usually it will be less. The TA Petro near me sells it at the pump for $3.21/gallon.

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
I worked for a large GM dealer and if I remember correctly differentials were filled by factory recommended of OZ'S require by what the manufacture recommendation were, not by topping off, unless that was what the recommended were. Since I don't know on this which is correct, I would do what the manufacture recommendation are. I have seen techs put there finger in the hole and if they could touch the fluid level that they thought was correct, it was ok and at the level for safe use.
Sponsored