Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Nice dolphin grey B7. Looks like my first Audi - dropped, tuned, test pipe, the whole deal.

As for the OPs question (previous manuals)
Always in gear
Parking brake with auto on inclines only. Too much pressure to put on the shifter pawl coming out of park with transmission in a bind.
Always jiggle
Never coast, always in appropriate gear for compression braking and so that I have immediate control if needed
Footbrake, neutral, clutch out. I even got in the habit of putting my last car with DSG in neutral at a light.
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Nice dolphin grey B7. Looks like my first Audi - dropped, tuned, test pipe, the whole deal.

As for the OPs question (previous manuals)
Always in gear
Parking brake with auto on inclines only. Too much pressure to put on the shifter pawl coming out of park with transmission in a bind.
Always jiggle
Never coast, always in appropriate gear for compression braking and so that I have immediate control if needed
Footbrake, neutral, clutch out. I even got in the habit of putting my last car with DSG in neutral at a light.
Thanks, though it's Quartz Gray, an A4. Still, love the S4, would love to trade up to one after its timing chain job is taken care of xD

You had a B7 as well?

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, though it's Quartz Gray, an A4. Still, love the S4, would love to trade up to one after its timing chain job is taken care of xD

You had a B7 as well?
yep, had 250k on the odometer when I let her go. Did 2 timing chains and countless fuel pump cam followers.