Dealership warning.. rope a dope..

WiseguyDS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
My experience is do not expect to buy anything youre not physically looking at with your hands on it. Ive spent countless hours searching and calling. I once drove 300 miles round trip for nothing. The game plan i now use is to compare dealerships to see which ones look like theyre offering the best deals. Then go down there and see if you want to buy what they have. If not, and if you want them to search around for you, then do that but don’t believe a word. Watch what they do, not what they say. If they're not the right fit, then go to another one.

I actually had a good time buying mine and though i didnt get the “rock bottom“ buy me a beer and be amazed at my deal, I did work with a new sales kid who was glad to hustle keys for me. He worked hard and because i didnt feel abused, I took my time and made my choice. The post mortem with the kid, he asked if I had any advice as he developed his new career skills. I told him just keep on doing exactly what he's doing and just truly care about your customer.

Jeeps are hard. They're popular. And they’re frequently gone before you know it. That might be a good thing when it comes time for the next one. Dealerships on the otherhand are a PITA. Stick with the ones you know are good.

Just my rambling 2 cents... fwiw.
Sponsored

thrasher949

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I had the complete opposite experience with Rydell. I called em on the phone, I said I’m driving from Orange County to but XXX stock number at said advertised price, have it ready for me I’ll be there in an hour. Pulled up, it was waiting for me, finished paperwork right in time. Perfect experience.

Now HB Jeep on the other hand is a complete fraud of a dealer. They would
Not sell me a Rubicon at their advertised price. They put stickers in the windows of every vehicle on the lot of 4K of paint and fabric protection and say it’s “been installed” and “there is
Nothing they can do” so pay them more above the advertised price. Also HB Jeep will not allow you to to use FCA financing, only their shady 3rd party with super high rates. They also don’t accept personal checks for down payment.