Custom Jl sound bar

jrowephoto

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JL) Willys Edition
Hey Jrowephoto. The soundbar is kind of a pain to take off. I installed the SSV adapters last weekend to prep for the Alpine PSS-23WRA install project this weekend.

There are two clips on that dome light. After taking off the 10mm bolts and the 3 torx screws holding it in place, the middle of the soundbar has a handful of clips as well and it takes some force to pop off.

There’s a good write up in one of the longer threads with a step by step but I can’t find it now.
good to know, thanks! I’ll start searching, would love to see if it still out there.
Sponsored

Hennyville

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know of any? I can’t find one if they exsist.
Apline is coming out with a custom sound bar at the end of 2020. This video says it will be plug and play with very slight modification. The JL's have odd sized sound bar speakers so this should give it a boost when it comes out.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I tried just replacing the 3.5"s and 4"s in the sound bar with JL Audio C2's, and they just weren't enough. I ended up just cutting out the soundbar, making a simple hardboard panel, and putting Focal Access 3-way components (6.5+3+1), and an extra set of tweeters. I repeated the same speakers for the front stage.

IMG_20200216_110918.jpg

IMG_20200216_170909_MP.jpg

Soundbar.jpg
Now this is a sound bar I would buy!
Sponsored