Custom insulated headliners

Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
I've been wanting a JT, but Momma insists on a JL. We are a few weeks from ordering and are still deciding on colors and options. I think it's between Sting-Gray and Sarge Green. I plan to paint the inside of the hard top black and add custom insulated headliner panels. What have all of you came up with for this. So far, this is the best option I have found to mimic.

The color of the fabric is hideous, but I like his product and his attention to detail. I should be able to do this for under $100 and I can pick from thousands of fabrics to make this a one of a kind mod. With Sarge Green, I want to do OCP camo fabric as a way to remember my and my son's military service. If we go with Sting Gray, my wife wants to include turquoise in the fabric. Maybe a turquoise burlap or a turquoise and gray paisley pattern. (wife's jeep - and I can change the fabric later at this price.) That will also mean a dash paint job to get rid of the Rubi-Red and custom Katzkin leather seat covers.

My runner up plan is a MOLLE headliner in the back.

What other options do I have? What have you done?
Sponsored

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
I've been wanting a JT, but Momma insists on a JL. We are a few weeks from ordering and are still deciding on colors and options. I think it's between Sting-Gray and Sarge Green. I plan to paint the inside of the hard top black and add custom insulated headliner panels. What have all of you came up with for this. So far, this is the best option I have found to mimic.

The color of the fabric is hideous, but I like his product and his attention to detail. I should be able to do this for under $100 and I can pick from thousands of fabrics to make this a one of a kind mod. With Sarge Green, I want to do OCP camo fabric as a way to remember my and my son's military service. If we go with Sting Gray, my wife wants to include turquoise in the fabric. Maybe a turquoise burlap or a turquoise and gray paisley pattern. (wife's jeep - and I can change the fabric later at this price.) That will also mean a dash paint job to get rid of the Rubi-Red and custom Katzkin leather seat covers.

My runner up plan is a MOLLE headliner in the back.

What other options do I have? What have you done?
If you have any specific headliner questions, we'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

-Mark

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Donald, I went with the @Hothead Headliners, and am really pleased with the quality. I was even surprised that the Alpine system in my Jeep even sounded better after the install. They are easy to install, and are a quality product at a reasonable price. I don't think they have any special designs, but they are a good base for you to work with if you want to recover them.

OP
OP
Crusader

Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Sorry to abandon you guys. My wife of 30 years cheated on me, so I divorced her and bought a JT. I did my custom headliner idea and thought I'd at least pop in and show you the results. The photos don't show the blue stitching in the Katzkins, but they match the headliner.

Jeep Wrangler JL Custom insulated headliners 20220403_172445
Jeep Wrangler JL Custom insulated headliners 20220403_172506

OP
OP
Crusader

Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
The top cost me $150 in materials and about 6 hours to paint and make and install the headliners. With the JL top being larger, I'd estimate $200 for ya'll.
Sponsored