Sponsored

Cryptocurrency.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
With the latest news about the crypto currency market taking hits, anyone here invest in it?? How's it doing?
Sponsored

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Bitcoin has turned into Shitcoin this year

Screenshot_20221124_084727_Finance.jpg

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone brave enough to admit they invested in crypto? If so, what was your story? Did you make a boatload, and get out in time?

brennaman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 WK 2014 JK, 2021 JLR snazzberry
Occupation
damn near retired
Anyone brave enough to admit they invested in crypto? If so, what was your story? Did you make a boatload, and get out in time?
I'll bite. I did last year. When I told my wife I was going to buy crypto, she had no clue what it was, and wanted to know where I was planning on putting it in the house after I bought it. Well I explained to her what it was, and then she thought it was very unlike me. I started a 401k 40 years ago, and that was all I have ever invested in. I have never bought individual stocks, never thought I knew enough about how they would do over time. But I took 10k and bought bitcoin. It went up a bit, and then I got nervous that it would fall so I sold it. I made about a little, don't remember but I think about 1k. To me it is like going gambling, you get lucky sometimes, but overall it is a losing venture. (at least for me) So I got that out of my system, and don't think I will do that again. But if it goes down to 14,000 who knows. But I would never put in more that I am willing to lose. And I am not willing to lose much, I hate gambling.

Sponsored

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
I put a bunch of $$ in and I didn't get out in time. So I'm underwater.... a lot. But if you look at many/most coins that have been on the market for a substantial amount of time, they have increased in value. I'm hopeful that trend continues. Is it more volatile? Hell yes and that's what makes it scary. But I decided to keep buying over time to lower my average costs so that when it does go back up (assuming/hopeful it will), I will be back in profit territory. We will see how well this post ages...

Is it a gamble like @brennaman says? Yes, especially if you get in at the top of the bull market not understanding or knowing that crypto falls hard suddenly or if you were trying to get in and make quick money and get out. But the same could be said for any individual stock buying too (but typically not as drastic a fall).

Do I wish I had gotten out Nov 2021 when I was up almost 40k? HELLLLLL YESSS. Lesson learned. But I'm confident that I've lowered my average cost enough that it will again substantially pass my initial investment and I'll be back in the green again.

The key seems to be able to get out when the market is bulling before it crashes again.
But if you zoom out far enough and look at the coins over 3, 4 or 5 years, they typically have increased in value. You just have to be patient and not expect to be an instant millionaire.

And pleaseeee don't take my post as solid advice, I'm still learning... this is just my opinion.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Me, I think it is a huge gamble, with how volatile the market is for everything. If the market crashes, like it always does, then I will pull some money out of a fixed account, and reinvest.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I put some money in over the years. Usually I put $3-500 in and it would double then I pull my initial investment letting the rest ride. I have also turned $300 into McChicken before…

To me it’s gambling.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR, 2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I have a little, very little in. Just playing with the fun ones, Doge and Shiba. I put in about 300 bux, and when doge was at it's highest, my value was close to 2k. Should I have cashed out, yep. Now my total investment is back to around 300 bux. I'm even, so I just let it sit there and hope it goes on another run. If it just completely tanks, I'm not out much. I consider it online gambling lol. I'm long on the investment, see where it goes if anywhere.

I do remember when Bitcoin was only a buck or two. Friend of mine tried to get me to buy some way back when. I laughed at it. He cashed out at 50k, and I wasn't laughing.

Rickuda

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda accord 2018 / 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
So, have you taken the plunge into crypto investing since your post? Would love to hear your thoughts on how it's been going for you.

Sponsored

Jeep Wick

First Name
Wick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 High Tide
Occupation
Mechanic
I spent a little last year and lost. Too volatile IMO.

darrylrose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Investing in crypto can be quite risky due to its constant fluctuations. I took the plunge with about a thousand bucks, and luckily, I managed to cash out a nice profit by timing it right. However, I'm not one to rest on my laurels, so I've been exploring new ways to up my game. I recently started using reliable tools from quantumaitrading.net, which harness the power of cutting-edge technologies in trading. I must say, the results have been impressive, and my profits have seen a significant boost. Out of all the trading bots I've tried, this one stands out as exceptionally effective and accurate. It's really amped up the number of my profitable trades, ultimately boosting my income.
Sponsored

Last edited: