First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Human Resources
Heard that God awful sound you never want to hear on a Wrangler... Then analyzed the windshield and sure enough one week in, she's cracked 🙄
Resized_20210323_080344.jpeg
Mine got a stone chip after 3 months! I was so upset. I thought with all this technology we'd get better and better (except for my clutch recall before I even signed for her). :lipssealed:
Sponsored

JennnyB

First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Human Resources
Here's mine - 3 months into ownership of a 2021 JLU. How did you all get yours fixed? Under factory warranty? Insurance? Thanks in advance.

😥
Jeep Wrangler JL Cracked one week in Jeep stone chi

Neen_Spell

First Name
Neenah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler UL Willys
Occupation
ReTired
Heard that God awful sound you never want to hear on a Wrangler... Then analyzed the windshield and sure enough one week in, she's cracked 🙄
Jeep Wrangler JL Cracked one week in Jeep stone chi
Got TWO the 2nd day of driving my Willys. Had them both filled and so far 9 months later, still good.

abnormal4x4

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
There is a product called Exoshield, a film that claims to protect against chips. I have no idea if it works.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
18 months —- only 10.5k miles —- but..... but..... but.... no cracks or chips yet......

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
oh man. I mean if @JeepCares says that the dealership will help, then talk to them and see what you can do, if not then just go through the insurance. btw are you still driving down these weekend?
My bad bro work has been crazy busy. I haven't made it down that way. I'll hit you up the next trip down there if you still have it. If not no biggie! Thanks broski

Sponsored

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
Jeep Wrangler JL Cracked one week in 9C934447-61DB-479A-8AA6-BD7ADADBE725
Me too. 1378 km on the odometer. Damn oncoming Semi intentionally speeding through the puddles and gravel on the shoulder throwing crap up everywhere. Whamo. The crack has already grown on the way back home. :(

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
I mentioned this product in a post on Monday and last night this showed up on my phone.

https://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/body-chassis/1997-f150-daley-visual-exoshield/
Does anybody have any testimonials on this product? Checking them out online, but wondering if any Forum Members can offer any insights.

[edit]. Never mind. I went to the Exoshield website to find an authorized installer. They listed Calgary PPF as my closest installation center. Calgary PPF listed this in their website:

WINDSHIELD PROTECTION FILM
No longer recommended by Calgary PPF
Calgary PPF is no longer recommending the use of Windshield Protection Films as a viable method of protecting windshields for Calgary consumers.

Reason #1 – You will still get rock chips even if overall volume is diminished.
Reason #2 – The film prevents glass shops from being able to fix these before they spider.
Reason #3 – The process of removing the film to fix these chips often forces the chip to spider out, ruining the windshield.
Reason #4 – These films constantly de-laminate and become scuffed and scratched within less than a year of driving, obstructing vision and marring the appearance of the vehicle. These issues can create extremely dangerous driving conditions due to markedly poor visibility. This issue also presents extreme liability issues for the driver in the event of an accident.
Reason #5
– These films are prohibitively expensive both for the end consumer and installation shops.
Reason #6 – It is impossible to install these films to a high degree of aesthetic perfection. Burn marks and creases are common.
Reason #7 – These films are not legal within the province of Alberta.
Sponsored

Last edited: