Compressor and locker control through Dash panel Aux Switches

Lou_JLU

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara, 2019 JL Wrangler Sahara
Deleted original schematic. New one listed rev 4.

Attached is a schematic I came up with for using three Dash Aux switches in place of the provided wiring harness to power the compressor and activate the relays. This is what I will be doing when I install and wire in the compressor. D1 through D7, K1 through K5 I estimate to easily fit on a 4” x 4” circuit board. Parts all available via Newark, Allied, Mouser, Digi-key. It's got a nice lock out feature to prevent Compressor activation if either locker switch is set to on.

There’s only one high current path and that is though K3 to the compressor. K3 is the only relay (contactor) that requires careful selection. With a little research and knowing the maximum current of the compressor a suitable K3 could be selected. Ie Newark #76K0426 12V 45A SPST automotive relay.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Lou_JLU

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-12-20 correction made. K1 input now tied to K3 output to prevent locker 2 solenoid from activating until compressor is running.

2-2-20 Updated layout with more information, part #'s, source and and cost. Parts on order. working over best internal layout.

View attachment 277460

Compressor Activation via Aux S -5.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP

Lou_JLU

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Updated layout with more information, part #'s, source and and cost. Parts on order. working over best internal layout. Shown above.
Sponsored