Cold temp shifting with 6 speed MT

cnapierala

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
I just got my JL 2 door about a month ago and the temps have really cooled down here this week. My Jeep typically sits in the garage (40+ degrees) since I work from home but I have been noticing that every time I leave the shift into 2nd gear is not smooth for the first shift. I don't hear grinding but that is kind of what it feels like and it happens no matter how slow i shift into 2nd.

Anyone else noticing this? Ill be adding this to my list when I take it in I guess.
Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
It's normal until it warms up a bit. This may even be mentioned in the manual.

OP
OP
cnapierala

cnapierala

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
I took a look and the owners manual states that it may be stiff. Id expect that especially in very cold Temps.
However mine is doing it only in 2nd gear, only the first time shifting into that gear after a coldish start.
The Jeep is sitting in a 45+ degree climate controlled garage so it really isn't that cold.

We will see what the dealer says.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I took a look and the owners manual states that it may be stiff. Id expect that especially in very cold Temps.
However mine is doing it only in 2nd gear, only the first time shifting into that gear after a coldish start.
The Jeep is sitting in a 45+ degree climate controlled garage so it really isn't that cold.

We will see what the dealer says.
Hi, we heard you're currently working with one of our Jeep dealers. If you'd like additional support while working with them to get these concerns addressed, please don't hesitate to send us a private message!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Sponsored