Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Can you send us your VIN in a PM? The dealer should be doing the clutch test first before ordering any parts.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares
PM sent.
Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Updating my saga:
Called my Dealer today- No parts, no update, no ETA on parts.
Sent aPM to @JeepCares around 4pm.
Talked to Brandi on Jeep chat- here's where it gets good: she informed me:
Parts (Master cylinder) are on a restriction, Dealership is only allowed to order 1 every 7 days, and there may be a wait list. This was not communicated to me by my dealer.

Called Jeep customer service and spoke with Sergio. Explained my situation. I was polite, but did not back down, expressed my frustration, and the fact that I'm questioning if I want to keep doing business with Chrysler since no one can give me any sort of timeline as to when I will have my Jeep back. Told him my 3/36 warranty is essentially useless- because with an open ended timeline, I could be waiting for 6 months of that 3 years, and as I was previously told I could submit for POSSIBLE reimbursement, it would not be guaranteed. While I understand there is a pandemic going on, and parts may be short, it's absolutely insane to have to wait this long, and have no ETA. I could order something aftermarket, and have a better quality, more robust and longer lasting product on my doorstep in no less than 3 days, and I could do the repair myself in roughly the same time, and I would have been up and running 3 weeks ago. He advised me that if i didn't have a loaner, a case could be submitted for possible reimbursement- but that would be up to another team, who I couldn't speak with. He offered someone from the management team, and I spoke with Paige. She is going to talk to her management team and see if there is anything they can do, and will follow up with me tomorrow. I advised them it's almost been a full 30 days, and I'll be speaking to a legal counsel/ advisor to see what my options are from here later today.

The reps were all helpful and understanding- and they were able to get me most of the information I asked for, which was nice. But this is getting ridiculous. I'm going to talk to my dealer later- ask them about a wait list, and see if they'll tell me where I am on said list. I'm also going to talk to a legal counsel/advisor and see what my options are in terms of getting this sorted now vs. whenever Chrysler's star line figures out what they're supposed to be doing. if anything, a letter from a lawyer may hold more weight than just some pissed off consumer who didn't opt for any of the additional warranties (exact;y for this reason) and didn't finance through FCA.

Maybe this is just a huge frustrating lesson and I have to just wait it out. They'll probably tell me to go F myself, which- ok fine, shame on me for giving this a shot. The truly interesting thing will be the NEXT recall, and when I complete the work/ have the work completed elsewhere, what will happen? Will I actually get reimbursed? Or will I be told to go F myself again?

Regardless, I think I'm done with dealers, warranties, and dealing with FCA corporate. if this all yields nothing, I may have to pull the clout card: let them know I'm active on several different Jeep and offroad communities, several with member counts into the thousands (one group with 30k+). I hate to be that guy, but this is beyond stupid. If I can put the word out and let others in the same position I'm in know what I did, I want it to be known so others can get this sorted as well.,

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Updating my saga:
Parts (Master cylinder) are on a restriction, Dealership is only allowed to order 1 every 7 days, and there may be a wait list. This was not communicated to me by my dealer.

Called Jeep customer service and spoke with Sergio. Explained my situation. I was polite, but did not back down, expressed my frustration, and the fact that I'm questioning if I want to keep doing business with Chrysler since no one can give me any sort of timeline as to when I will have my Jeep back. Told him my 3/36 warranty is essentially useless- because with an open ended timeline, I could be waiting for 6 months of that 3 years, and as I was previously told I could submit for POSSIBLE reimbursement, it would not be guaranteed. While I understand there is a pandemic going on, and parts may be short, it's absolutely insane to have to wait this long, and have no ETA. I could order something aftermarket, and have a better quality, more robust and longer lasting product on my doorstep in no less than 3 days, and I could do the repair myself in roughly the same time, and I would have been up and running 3 weeks ago. He advised me that if i didn't have a loaner, a case could be submitted for possible reimbursement- but that would be up to another team, who I couldn't speak with. He offered someone from the management team, and I spoke with Paige. She is going to talk to her management team and see if there is anything they can do, and will follow up with me tomorrow. I advised them it's almost been a full 30 days, and I'll be speaking to a legal counsel/ advisor to see what my options are from here later today.

The reps were all helpful and understanding- and they were able to get me most of the information I asked for, which was nice. But this is getting ridiculous. I'm going to talk to my dealer later- ask them about a wait list, and see if they'll tell me where I am on said list. I'm also going to talk to a legal counsel/advisor and see what my options are in terms of getting this sorted now vs. whenever Chrysler's star line figures out what they're supposed to be doing. if anything, a letter from a lawyer may hold more weight than just some pissed off consumer who didn't opt for any of the additional warranties (exact;y for this reason) and didn't finance through FCA.

Maybe this is just a huge frustrating lesson and I have to just wait it out. They'll probably tell me to go F myself, which- ok fine, shame on me for giving this a shot. The truly interesting thing will be the NEXT recall, and when I complete the work/ have the work completed elsewhere, what will happen? Will I actually get reimbursed? Or will I be told to go F myself again?

Regardless, I think I'm done with dealers, warranties, and dealing with FCA corporate. if this all yields nothing, I may have to pull the clout card: let them know I'm active on several different Jeep and offroad communities, several with member counts into the thousands (one group with 30k+). I hate to be that guy, but this is beyond stupid. If I can put the word out and let others in the same position I'm in know what I did, I want it to be known so others can get this sorted as well.,
Wow Rubi, you’re in some nightmare there. I’d be pissed too. We buy these Jeeps especially for summer and your situation is unacceptable. I went back to find my original post and I found your original post. Ironically you wrote something like “my situation isn’t as bad as some other people in here”.
I tried again yesterday and was told “no parts yet” but my difference is I’m still using my Jeep. As I first posted (#3) my fear is if I do wind up with a clutch problem there’s no documentation that I’ve tried all these times and be told I didn’t follow up on the recall.
I’ll pm JeepCares this week.
I know this won’t make you feel better but you took one for the team.
I say this because of your situation, if I’m told to go in for that clutch test I’m now going to ask if they’re prepared if my clutch fails the test.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
It looks like just about everyone with the W12 recall will have the repairs done yet I was told after they did the recall inspection that my clutch is fine despite the fact I smelled the clutch oil earlier when the Jeep was new. I can't say I smell it anymore but it makes me uneasy to think I may develop serious and costly clutch problem in the future. I would like to know how by inspecting some house around the clutch the dealer can determine existence of the problem or give it a pass like they did in my case.
Remember me and you talking about a burning smell going from 3rd to 4th? Welp .... dealership tried to tell me my clutch was fine as well. Take a look at the video I made of my clutch when it was pulled for "other" reasons.

Clutch Test Passed, LOL

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Remember me and you talking about a burning smell going from 3rd to 4th? Welp .... dealership tried to tell me my clutch was fine as well. Take a look at the video I made of my clutch when it was pulled for "other" reasons.

Clutch Test Passed, LOL
yes I remember now but the video is already censored

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Possibly getting mine back tomorrow. They wanted the shop foreman to double and triple check it over. We shall see

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I pm’d JeepCares and they were very attentive and helpful. They even made the appointment for me.
I’m going in Wednesday for the inspection/test.
Should the Jeep fail will I be allowed to use it while needed parts are ordered?
I hope so.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I pm’d JeepCares and they were very attentive and helpful. They even made the appointment for me.
I’m going in Wednesday for the inspection/test.
Should the Jeep fail will I be allowed to use it while needed parts are ordered?
I hope so.
At this point with so many conflicting stories where dealers are saying yes and no, if anyone answers your question take it with a grain of salt. Seems there is No resemblance of an SOP relating to this recall.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Updating my saga:

Sorry you have a problem but every auto manufacturer with a major recall can not take care of 2.5 years of replacements instantly. Remember airbag recall? A lot didn't get there's back until it could get caught up.
And a competent attorney will tell you legal action for a time delay on a safety recall will go no where and that lemon laws don't apply.
As to reimbursement doing it by yourself it just opens up to reimbursement claims for all kinds of claims and fraud.
It has always been that the factory gets priority on limited supply items, happened with rear window solder issues in 2018.
This hasn't slowed sales even on manual transmissions so the forum threat won't mean much to them.
Your main option is sell it once it is fixed and wait several months for the Bronco and see what reliability will be for a brand new build. Or horse and buggy and hope equine fever doesn't strike.
Imagine if this had happened to the automatics. Instant fixes for everyone because Beyonce and her friends have autos in their Wranglers.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Sorry you have a problem but every auto manufacturer with a major recall can not take care of 2.5 years of replacements instantly. Remember airbag recall? A lot didn't get there's back until it could get caught up.
And a competent attorney will tell you legal action for a time delay on a safety recall will go no where and that lemon laws don't apply.
As to reimbursement doing it by yourself it just opens up to reimbursement claims for all kinds of claims and fraud.
It has always been that the factory gets priority on limited supply items, happened with rear window solder issues in 2018.
This hasn't slowed sales even on manual transmissions so the forum threat won't mean much to them.
Your main option is sell it once it is fixed and wait several months for the Bronco and see what reliability will be for a brand new build. Or horse and buggy and hope equine fever doesn't strike.
Imagine if this had happened to the automatics. Instant fixes for everyone because Beyonce and her friends have autos in their Wranglers.
just keep in mind that they knew about the issues almost a year ago and released the Recall notice in Feb. they had plenty of time to line up parts.

and before anyone says it, all auto manufacturers and related parts suppliers were deemed essential during COVID-19 right down to automotive coatings suppliers and even auto repair shops. Hell even car wash facilities rolled into that.

So there should have been ample enough time to line up 6” hoses, protective sleeves, and even clutches to prepare dealers for this one.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thanks for your feedback. I'm well aware of the pitfalls, but:

At this point with so many conflicting stories where dealers are saying yes and no, if anyone answers your question take it with a grain of salt. Seems there is No resemblance of an SOP relating to this recall.
just keep in mind that they knew about the issues almost a year ago and released the Recall notice in Feb. they had plenty of time to line up parts.

and before anyone says it, all auto manufacturers and related parts suppliers were deemed essential during COVID-19 right down to automotive coatings suppliers and even auto repair shops. Hell even car wash facilities rolled into that.

So there should have been ample enough time to line up 6” hoses, protective sleeves, and even clutches to prepare dealers for this one.
This was exactly my point/ Frustration.
I wasn't looking for an immediate resolution- I was looking for a timeline. My dealer could not get it until they had their parts department press STAR line, and even then- they weren't given anything more concrete than "We think it shipped Monday".
I was getting completely stonewalled until I called FCA Customer Care, spoke with a manager, and dropped the words "consulting legal counsel". I was polite, intelligent, and reasonable- and made sure to emphasize I was frustrated at the lack of communication, how hard it was to get any accurate information out of anyone beyond my dealer, and how unacceptable it is as a business practice. Additionally. I'm sure that dropping in how I had been a customer for years and I'm now questioning if I want to continue that/ I now have a useless warranty. It's terrible business practices to keep blowing inventory out the door, and not only NOT address issues, but baiscally tell your customers (both internal and external) "tough shit, wait in line" when asked for further details on a delay. Likewise, if this policy was altered, I could have had my Jeep until parts were available (as I was experienceing ZERO warning signs of failure), then dropped it off and had the work completed within a week, saving the dealer and me time (and probably money too). Even after all this, I asked the manager at Customer Care, point blank: "Is there any way we can send a complaint about these policies to someone who will hear them?", knowing full well neither of us could do anything about it. She said the best she could do as a customer care rep manager is bring it to her management team.

We keep seeing how people are stoked on the products but despise the "experience" of buying Jeeps/ other FCA products, and that good experiences with dealers/ service as a whole are consistently ranked industry lowest. If FCA gave even one half of an iota of a shit about changing that, they would offer some form of feedback other than "Hey, you wanna take a survey after your call?" or some half assed mail in thing that will never make it outside of Marketing. This is, in the most basic sense, one of the biggest reasons why the auto industry is a complete Dumpster fire- but that is another story for another post.

On Saturday, I got my Jeep back . Everything is good, and the Service people at my dealer were appreciative of my patience with this. I'm grateful it's done, but no less frustrated.
Sponsored

Last edited: