Sponsored

Clips for the Gap Hider

Thashef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Hydro Blue
I removed my gap hider to install the recline kit. Now I can't put the gap hider in without replacing the clips. Any idea which clips do I need for that?
Sponsored

Outwest970

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
On a related note, I added the cargo mat this weekend to the back of my JLU and ended up damaging the clips significantly to get the gap hider out. I didn't think I'd be able to put the gap hider back afterward, but ended up removing the clips and rebending the barbs downward and reseating the clips so I could re-install the gap hider. It's a poor design for sure, especially when you're installing a Mopar OEM kit.

OP
OP
Thashef

Thashef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Hydro Blue
On a related note, I added the cargo mat this weekend to the back of my JLU and ended up damaging the clips significantly to get the gap hider out. I didn't think I'd be able to put the gap hider back afterward, but ended up removing the clips and rebending the barbs downward and reseating the clips so I could re-install the gap hider. It's a poor design for sure, especially when you're installing a Mopar OEM kit.
Interesting, ill have to try that too see if I can put the Gap hider back into the bracket. Those pins are super sharp but I'll try this. Thanks !

Outwest970

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Interesting, ill have to try that too see if I can put the Gap hider back into the bracket. Those pins are super sharp but I'll try this. Thanks !
Yeah, those barbs are super sharp, I ended up pulling them straight up, so had to use some needle-nose plyers and a flat head screw driver to help bend them back down into place. If you can get the clips out of the metal bar that holds the gap holder, it makes it a bit easier to work on them. Good luck!

Sponsored

Evolved6

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Yeah, those barbs are super sharp, I ended up pulling them straight up, so had to use some needle-nose plyers and a flat head screw driver to help bend them back down into place. If you can get the clips out of the metal bar that holds the gap holder, it makes it a bit easier to work on them. Good luck!
This is exactly what I did

OP
OP
Thashef

Thashef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Hydro Blue
Thanks!! Your technique worked perfectly. I got the cover installed again.

Hellraizer

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Same prob here. I went to the dealership to get some new clips and was told they aren't a serviceable part and that they come with the gap hider itself. Would have to but the whole assembly at 200 bux :surprised: guess I will be attempting to fix the ones I have

NSTG8R

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Amazon sells these (they are not black) but they fit perfectly. Mopar only uses eight (8) clips when twelve (12) clips are required. OTUAYAUTO 30Pcs 15748479 Metal Grill Clips - for 1994-2017 GM Dash Retainer Clips, Interior Trim Panel Clips - OEM#15748479
Sponsored