retaining clips

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I needed to remove my gap cover to install my JeepBackbone. I found that the gap hider retaining clips retain very aggressively, to the extent that it was difficult to remove them without damage to the clip or plastic tab they are installed on. I want to be able to easily re-install and remove the gap hider in the future, so I decided to use some less aggressive clips, specifically the ones used on the front grill. With those clips, the gap hider stays in place and is easy to install and remove.

Here's some profile pics of the retaining clips, including the dome light clips which fall somewhere in between the other two. The shape of the center tab will determine how aggressively they hold.

gap hider clip
Jeep Wrangler JL retaining clips clip gap hider

dome light clip
Jeep Wrangler JL retaining clips clip dome light

front grill clip 06511238AA-004 (pack of 4)
Jeep Wrangler JL retaining clips clip front grill
Sponsored

Last edited:

Finnley

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
Thanks for the tip, Jerry. Are the grill clips still hanging in there? I have the same issue with my gap hider.

OP
OP
Jebiruph

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Thanks for the tip, Jerry. Are the grill clips still hanging in there? I have the same issue with my gap hider.
I removed the gap hider many months ago to install the Jeep Backbone security cover, so I don't have a long term review.

Finnley

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
I removed the gap hider many months ago to install the Jeep Backbone security cover, so I don't have a long term review.
Got it. Thanks. I have them on order.
Sponsored