Sponsored

Cigarette Lighter Question

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I have an 18 Rubicon that does not haver a cigarette lighter. How can I get one that will work?
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
lighter.jpg

Sorry... I couldn't resist. I deserve whatever I have coming to me.

Are you saying you don't have the port on the driver side under the NAV? AutoZone/Pep Boys sell the heating element, wouldn't that work?

OP
OP
stoowie

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
lighter.jpg

Sorry... I couldn't resist. I deserve whatever I have coming to me.

Are you saying you don't have the port on the driver side under the NAV? AutoZone/Pep Boys sell the heating element, wouldn't that work?
I have the port under the NAV so I need to buy the heating element. How does one hook it up

fightingmajor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited Punk'n Orange
I just picked up an 18 Rubicon this weekend. Asked if the smokers group was available to purchase. It's not. But unlike most car companies, the outlet is actually one that you don't have to replace the whole unit to use a cigarette lighter. You just need to buy the lighter itself. They don't sell one for the JL's, but the one for the JK works just fine. You can buy it from the parts counter for um $24 if you would like. You may find one at AutoZone that would fit as well.

slamr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB, Harley SE Street Glide
The heating element is built into the push in part. The plug supplies the power.

fightingmajor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited Punk'n Orange
In both my Tahoes, and chevy truck as well as my Harley, I had to replace that plug to get the lighter to work. There is a different shaft for a cigarette lighter vs just a charging port. Most car makers install just the power port option and no lighter will work.
Sponsored