Sponsored

Chicago Area Dealers

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone dealt with Tyson motors in the Joliet area. I have gotten a really aggressive quote from them. If they allow I will share the information with you. I want to make sure they are a decent dealer.
Thanks
Sponsored

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
So I purchased my Sahara last night from Sherman Dodge. I was only able to get $1K off the MSRP but they offered $2K more on my trade-in which made up for it plus the trade-in interest savings. Here are some pictures. This vehicle is amazing!

7dURLYupTCC9wdPZRuTKvg.jpg

IMG_0705.jpeg

IMG_0704.jpeg

79gSunHZS6iJXu23fmMRFg.jpg

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Did you not try treadlightly to at least get 1% under invoice?

Anyway congrats on that beauty

OP
OP

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
So I purchased my Sahara last night from Sherman Dodge. I was only able to get $1K off the MSRP but they offered $2K more on my trade-in which made up for it plus the trade-in interest savings. Here are some pictures. This vehicle is amazing!

7dURLYupTCC9wdPZRuTKvg.jpg

IMG_0705.jpeg

IMG_0704.jpeg

79gSunHZS6iJXu23fmMRFg.jpg
Congrats! Used to drive by that dealership all the time taking my wife to doctor visits up at North Shore. How are they?

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
If you are a first buyer they will get you, but if you do your research, show them what you've been offered else where, they'll want your business. They sell in volume so depending on who you get as a sales person, he will either get you the best deal or screw you over. Some dealers are asking $2k above the invoice while others are offering 1-5% off the sticker price. I went to three different dealers and Carmax to get a quote on my 15 cherokee and Sherman beat them by $2k. I guess it's case by case but if you can't find anything good local for sure give them a try. Good luck to everyone and no I didn't use the treadlightly discount so I am not sure if they would consider it or not.

Sponsored

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else here in Chicago land got theirs!?

Feenix_ST

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
Mines in KZ status and should be here this week!

Jazz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 15 Maserati Ghibli; 18 Ram Laramie; 2015 Coachmen Freelander
Occupation
Being Awesome
South Oak in Matteson, ILwill honor the 5% under invoice deal on all orders, if you are a Tread Lightly deal and ask for Kevin Ross.

Jazz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 15 Maserati Ghibli; 18 Ram Laramie; 2015 Coachmen Freelander
Occupation
Being Awesome
That's the price we pay for being mooches and looking for the lowest price out there!
Of course it will affect resale values, BUT the good news is that demand will prevent FCA from using rebates to move Wrangler which will save us jeep owners a little in the long run.

what might hurt more is if FCA builds the Wrangler in China. this would free up production in Toledo and then when supply catches up with demand you'll get those rebates i was talking about.

Currently, only one plant in the world produces Wrangler. That's one plant, running three shifts, providing Wranglers for 6 continents.
its one of the few models that sells out (or close to it) prior to the next model year arriving. This year withstanding as the 2018 early JK's were produced to fill that gap prior to the JL showing up.

KCVS

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura and JLUR in KZ
I’ve been looking at Dupage Jeep Dealer
https://www.dupagechryslerdodgejeepram.com/new-vehicles/#action=im_ajax_call&perform=get_results&page=1&year[]=2018&make[]=Jeep&model[]=Wrangler&show_all_filters=false&_post_id=4

They consistently list discounted prices on their Jeeps. I haven’t dealt with them personally but they always have good selection on the lot when I drive by. This could be an option.
They offered me $500 below invoice after I advised them they were contending with 5% under. They were clueless about ETAs telling me the JLs wouldn't hit dealers until mid-march, the same day I test drove one down the street. I ended up going with another dealer that was at 3% under, out the door and have been playing the waiting game. They were Johnny on the spot in letting me know when the different trims were in stock, and provided enough service that I saw it as a wash once you factored in gas to drive back from DC.

Sponsored

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I stopped by Dupage Jeep the other day just to see what they had. Bunch on base option Sahara’s and few Sports. I pulled up and said I’m here just to look around, the guy wouldn’t leave me alone, so I said I’m looking for the new JL Rubicon, knowing they don’t have one. The guy said “oh yes we have one in the show room, follow me!” We walked around, no Rubi. He was convicted he had one, he said let’s walk around the lot I know we have one or we must have sold it. I asked him how do you makes sales if you don’t even know what you have on the lot?! Than I asked if I were to order a JL right now would you guys honor 5% under invoice like some dealers have been doing? He laughed at me and said no way these things are hot right now. I left and laughed at him and said good luck with that.

Man I hate some sales people, so frustrating!

SW777

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 2509 Duramax
A little longer drive but Tyson Motors in Shorewood will do a 6% below invoice Tread Lightly deal. Ask for Jason Beltran. He is currently doing the build on my Rubicon Unlimited.

snert

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Thanks for starting this thread. Was just at Napleton's Northwestern on Western & Peterson this afternoon I was hoping they would have some Rubicons on the lot but all they had were Sport models. This would be my first Jeep purchase so any tips are welcome. Sounds like the best play is to figure out the exact build I want and then ask the dealers for their best price? I'm willing to join Tread Lightly if it pays for itself. Thx Patrick in Rogers Park

SW777

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 2509 Duramax
Thanks for starting this thread. Was just at Napleton's Northwestern on Western & Peterson this afternoon I was hoping they would have some Rubicons on the lot but all they had were Sport models. This would be my first Jeep purchase so any tips are welcome. Sounds like the best play is to figure out the exact build I want and then ask the dealers for their best price? I'm willing to join Tread Lightly if it pays for itself. Thx Patrick in Rogers Park
In the same shoes as you. I spoke to Marino Jeep earlier and they basically said no to matching the Tyson deal. To answer your question on Tread Lightly. Yes it does make sense dependent on the dealer. 6% off matches the best deals you can find in the country but you need the tread lightly membership and you will have to play the waiting game for your build to arrive.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So Tyson will do 6% under invoice on new orders but you have to have Tread Lightly membership, am I understanding it right?
Sponsored