asudchiman

First Name
Kern
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.myjeepandme.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, 1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, 1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, 1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, 1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, 2011 Lexus GX 460 and my wife's vehicle... but I refuse to admit that I own it. (jk - it's not that bad)
I'd like to get someone to look over my math for building a 2019 Rubicon Unlimited.
Are there items I should leave off and buy after the purchase?
Ex:
  • Floormats -- No need to pay interest on $150 items.
  • Steel bumpers? -- I like the look of the factory bumpers, but I could go aftermarket for less I assume.
  • LED lighting -- Factory vs. Aftermarket?
Take a look at this spreadsheet and let me know what I am missing. Thanks in Advance!

2019-Rubicon-Pricing-Sheet.png
Sponsored

jeepin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon
I'd swap the steel bumpers for the dual top group and sell the hard top and buy aftermarket bumpers

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Nice build. Based on the doc fees, looks like you are buying from Travis at Tri-City. Great choice! Great dealership.

Your build is very similar to my two door JL, except I got the safety and remote package, as well as the hardtop, but did not get the steel bumpers. I knew I wanted to put aftermarket bumpers on anyway, so I passed on the steels. I would definitely get the LED package if I were you. The only thing I might put some thought in if I did it all over again, is to possibly get cloth seats and put Katzkins in. But that's it, and again...would just be something I would have to think about.

If I were you, I would actually consider getting a hardtop from factory (as they run lines for window wash and wire it for electrical) and now that Bestop has released the Trektop NX, I would just get it as my softtop. Just my opinion.

OP
OP
asudchiman

asudchiman

First Name
Kern
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.myjeepandme.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, 1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, 1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, 1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, 1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, 2011 Lexus GX 460 and my wife's vehicle... but I refuse to admit that I own it. (jk - it's not that bad)
Excellent idea on the dual top idea! Glad I asked

OP
OP
asudchiman

asudchiman

First Name
Kern
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.myjeepandme.com
Vehicle(s)
Vol - I did use Tri-City math. They are the closest to me. I have not talked to anyone yet. I am struggling with LJ Rubicon, JKU Rubicon or JLU Rubicon.
I have an 05 LJU (non-rubi) that I am selling. Love the space. I am 50/50 on the JK. Having kids, the 4 doors is nice.
The price on a used JK is not all that different from the new JL and when you factor in the low depreciation, it works out to under $300 per month of net cost after depreciation to own a new JL.
Yes, I am trying to rationalize the new JL... LOL
I have a 2011 Lexus GX 460. I paid $46k for it in 2012 and can sell it for 20k today after seven years. It has a similar resale and the Jeep's and it has been a great decision vs. other vehicles and their massive depreciation.

The LJ or JK will be toys, the JL would most likely be a daily driver. I may still keep the GX since my kids will be driving in a few years. Decisions decisions... lol

Sponsored

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vol - I did use Tri-City math. They are the closest to me. I have not talked to anyone yet. I am struggling with LJ Rubicon, JKU Rubicon or JLU Rubicon.
I have an 05 LJU (non-rubi) that I am selling. Love the space. I am 50/50 on the JK. Having kids, the 4 doors is nice.
The price on a used JK is not all that different from the new JL and when you factor in the low depreciation, it works out to under $300 per month of net cost after depreciation to own a new JL.
Yes, I am trying to rationalize the new JL... LOL
I have a 2011 Lexus GX 460. I paid $46k for it in 2012 and can sell it for 20k today after seven years. It has a similar resale and the Jeep's and it has been a great decision vs. other vehicles and their massive depreciation.

The LJ or JK will be toys, the JL would most likely be a daily driver. I may still keep the GX since my kids will be driving in a few years. Decisions decisions... lol
Just go ahead and pull the trigger on the JL. :like:

StyleGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GMC YUKON DENALI, 2017 JAGUAR XE, 2014 MASERATI GHIBLI SQ4
correction on your math:
leather seats msrp is $1,495 not $2,495 changing total MSRP to $53,795

dealer discount is $6.186.82 which is 11.51%

MoaKane

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2018 Audi Q3
Occupation
Pharmaceuticals
Vehicle Showcase
Vol - I did use Tri-City math. They are the closest to me. I have not talked to anyone yet.
Which dealer did you use? Im in NC too and would be interested.

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
If I were you, I would actually consider getting a hardtop from factory (as they run lines for window wash and wire it for electrical) and now that Bestop has released the Trektop NX, I would just get it as my softtop. Just my opinion.
Dual top is $2043. Hard top only is $1064. So the premium softop in the dual top group is essentially $979.
Trektop NX is $900 for canvas fabric and $1,300 for twill fabric. I'm assuming twill is used on the OEM premium top.

I like the fastback look of Trektops, but I'd never want to deal with the process of fully taking it on and off. From what I've seen the premium softop is very easy to put up/down. But it's nice that the JL Trektop has a sunrider and is zipperless at least in some areas.

Sponsored

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dual top is $2043. Hard top only is $1064. So the premium softop in the dual top group is essentially $979.
Trektop NX is $900 for canvas fabric and $1,300 for twill fabric. I'm assuming twill is used on the OEM premium top.

I like the fastback look of Trektops, but I'd never want to deal with the process of fully taking it on and off. From what I've seen the premium softop is very easy to put up/down. But it's nice that the JL Trektop has a sunrider and is zipperless at least in some areas.
Won't argue with any of that. I forgot that the dual top is offered on JLU, as it wasn't offered on my 2 Door. So I agree, in this case, I would get the dual top. I would have actually got the dual top if it had been offered on the 2 door. Guess it depends on what look you want.

chris1374

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon (Ordered 10/24)
I'd swap the steel bumpers for the dual top group and sell the hard top and buy aftermarket bumpers
Is the HARDTOP hard to sell? Are a lot of people seeking used JEEP OEM Hardtops?

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Won't argue with any of that. I forgot that the dual top is offered on JLU, as it wasn't offered on my 2 Door. So I agree, in this case, I would get the dual top. I would have actually got the dual top if it had been offered on the 2 door. Guess it depends on what look you want.
Wow, I didn't know it's not offered on 2 doors. I wonder what the logic behind that is.

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
IMO... Definately get the LED package. Skip the leather and go Katzkins later if you don't like the cloth.
Leather is $1331. I know absolutely nothing about Katzkins, but their website says:
"The estimated price to upgrade your vehicle with a professionally installed, premium Katzkin leather interior is between $1,500 and $2,200, depending on your vehicle and the options you select. This is a fraction of the cost of a luxury trim package on a new car. "

Is it much better than the OEM trim? Otherwise, why?
Sponsored