Sponsored

Changing to LED headlights from the standard lights?

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Stock oem, three leg kind.
Sponsored

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
Technically there is a much better option over Factory LED, the less expensive and better quality light of the ORACLE Lighting Oculus Bi-LED Headlights.

You can see here the Oculus headlights out-perform the factory LED headlights in every way.

wall_test_1_1024x1024.jpg

wall_test_2_1024x1024.jpg

wall_test_3_1024x1024.jpg
Hey, Oculus team, ya'll need to update your web site to show 2021 models in the "Select Vehicle" section. I was looking for some lights for my '21 JL Rubicon 2d, but can't tell from your web site whether you have them. Are they the same as the '20's?

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Old thread, but I didn't think it was worth starting a new one for my question. Can someone with these tell me if the adjuster is accessible without removing any parts (grill especially) to get to?

My bumper and winch preclude easy removal of the grill. So any light must have an OEM style adjuster or equivalent for it to be practical for my installation.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I have the SV4's Hey there great nice and white but the stock 9 reflector/headlight is terrible. By the time you get them turned down enought not to blind drivers/getting flashed, you have distressingly bright patch for about 150 maybe 200 feet. I'm saving enough to replace headlights with projectors which have a much stronger cut off.
Agreed. I also have the SV4s. The beam pattern sucks.

I had the Mori 2 Stroke, but returned them, because I hated the high Kelvin color. It was too purple/green for me. Caused my eyes to strain. But the beam pattern was slightly better than the SV4. For my tastes, even the SV4 is too blueish/purple. These high color temps add to eye strain on long trips at night. My preference is a 5000K color temperature.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Sponsored

AlanD

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. I also have the SV4s. The beam pattern sucks.

I had the Mori 2 Stroke, but returned them, because I hated the high Kelvin color. It was too purple/green for me. Caused my eyes to strain. But the beam pattern was slightly better than the SV4. For my tastes, even the SV4 is too blueish/purple. These high color temps add to eye strain on long trips at night. My preference is a 5000K color temperature.
I guess great minds think a like. I broke down about 6 months ago and bought the Oracle LED headlights. I had the same clearance issue, I have H20 winch it sits pretty close to grill. I loosened the winch bolts slid it forward an inch or two and had just enough flex to get in the Oculus Bi-led buckets in, But it was scary tight. They have a blue/purple strip right at cut off. I think it goes with projector lens design, below that excelent white light. Once they are in, I needed to tweak adjustments. You need really small hands or a tool with long handle but it can be done. I don't remember, I think it was an Allen key. If you have a short right angle key it works best. Can't beat the company. I'm on waiting list for there new tail lights. Top picture headlights on. Bottom picture lights off Halo wired with the clearance lights to the switch in cab that come with trailer package...

Jeep Wrangler JL Changing to LED headlights from the standard lights? Jeep lightin
Jeep Wrangler JL Changing to LED headlights from the standard lights? IMG_20210721_185942__02

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Old thread, but I didn't think it was worth starting a new one for my question. Can someone with these tell me if the adjuster is accessible without removing any parts (grill especially) to get to?

My bumper and winch preclude easy removal of the grill. So any light must have an OEM style adjuster or equivalent for it to be practical for my installation.
I was able to adjust the passenger side unit from the top. Its a little tight but no problem really. For the driver's side I had to remove the harness that is clipped to the frame member that runs across the top of the headlamp. With that out of the way, the adjuster is accessible.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
They put so much effort into their design and tested to DOT standards, but they make the adjusters seem like an afterthought. I get that many people will never touch them again after setting once, but a lot of people will adjust them when they load up their heavy gear for a big trip, as they should. This one feature that I look at when evaluating whether to buy lights for my JL (or any other vehicle). This is why I'm still on the fence and may either go with OEM LED or retrofit Morimoto projectors. I really want convenient adjusters.
Sponsored