Sponsored

Changing to LED headlights from the standard lights?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Technically there is a much better option over Factory LED, the less expensive and better quality light of the ORACLE Lighting Oculus Bi-LED Headlights.

You can see here the Oculus headlights out-perform the factory LED headlights in every way.

wall_test_1_1024x1024.jpg

wall_test_2_1024x1024.jpg

wall_test_3_1024x1024.jpg
I'll agree that your lights are the best out there, for those looking to replace halogens. Otherwise, if being able to choose from the get go, the mopar lighting group brings a lot of quality and bang for the buck to the table. Even at full msrp of $995, its a hard to beat deal for LED projection headlamps w/ LED halos, LED fender turns/drl/side markers, LED S/T/T's with side markers, LED license lamp, and LED chmsl.

Again, you guys make great products. Just wanted to further address my "all inclusive" statement.
Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
I'll agree that your lights are the best out there, for those looking to replace halogens. Otherwise, if being able to choose from the get go, the mopar lighting group brings a lot of quality and bang for the buck to the table. Even at full msrp of $995, its a hard to beat deal for LED projection headlamps w/ LED halos, LED fender turns/drl/side markers, LED S/T/T's with side markers, LED license lamp, and LED chmsl.
Again, you guys make great products. Just wanted to further address my "all inclusive" statement.
We gotcha, glad you found something that works for you and thanks for kind words! An option for those weighing OEM v aftermarket.

Our complete front end conversion is comparable at $935.10 msrp + our forum discount (even less if you catch one of our 15% deals!) This includes headlights, fog lights, fender DRLs, turn signal, sidemarkers, license plate LEDs, and third brake.

Jeep Wrangler JL Changing to LED headlights from the standard lights? Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 9.29.39 AM

bjjones

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Those look great! Do you have links to each of those you could share?

Assuming they'd work on the Wrangler JL too.
Thanks a ton. I'm really happy with how it turned out.
Here are the links to where I bought each:
Headlights: https://www.quadratec.com/p/oracle-...rangler-jl/white-halo-ring-satin-silver-bezel

Fog Lights: https://www.quadratec.com/p/oracle-...og-lights/no-halo-wrangler-jk-jl-gladiator-jt

DRL/Turn Signals: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/j...-drl-and-turn-signals-TURNS-JEEPJL?quantity=1

OP
OP
tts42572

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Looks good. Thanks for the info.

Wish I had somebody that would install this stuff for me though as I'm not really confident doing this. Do you guys work with any resellers or installers?

We gotcha, glad you found something that works for you and thanks for kind words! An option for those weighing OEM v aftermarket.

Our complete front end conversion is comparable at $935.10 msrp + our forum discount (even less if you catch one of our 15% deals!) This includes headlights, fog lights, fender DRLs, turn signal, sidemarkers, license plate LEDs, and third brake.

Jeep Wrangler JL Changing to LED headlights from the standard lights? Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 9.29.39 AM

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Looks good. Thanks for the info.

Wish I had somebody that would install this stuff for me though as I'm not really confident doing this. Do you guys work with any resellers or installers?
Definitely! You can find our best dealer-installers here: https://www.oraclelights.com/pages/store-locator. Their pricing may be slightly different than online, but they can give you product/install quotes! These products are all easy installs so most 12v installers will be able to get this done for you.

Sponsored

ShadowRig

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Metallic Granite
Just wondering if anybody here has changed to LED lighting from the standard lights? I'm only looking for the front lighting as I got the safety group which has LED tail lamps.

I figured I could probably do it much cheaper than the $1,300 they were charging. I'm just looking to replace the bulb units themselves and not the whole headlamp.

Wondering if anybody has any good suggestions for the front lights, including the fog lights and turn signal lights. I've seen some people saying it can be done for a couple hundred bucks or less but want to make sure I'm getting some good products.

Just wondering if anybody had any links to some products they've bought that worked well.

THANKS
Swapped LED headlights and fog lights $70
Plug and play

Headlights:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G6ZP9CM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_zOdKFbKTCRS73

Fogs:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CXV52MD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_6QdKFbCDC1391?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Jeep Wrangler JL Changing to LED headlights from the standard lights? 20201021_075033~2

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Just wanted to point something out that may have not been noticed yet. For 2021, the price equation has changed. On the Sport S trims, you can no longer get the LED Lighting Group without the Safety group. I know the online configurator lets you do it but the factory will not. If you want the LED lights you have to also pay for the Safety Group, which means that LED headlights now cost $1940 from the factory. This changes the equation quite a bit especially for those who ONLY want the headlights.

I'm currently working on an 80th Anniversary edition order and this is one of many little details that has made things very difficult.

Even on the Sahara though, if you, like me, JUST want the headlights because of how terrible the stock halogens are, $1295 is alot more than the $500-ish you pay for good aftermarket options.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to point something out that may have not been noticed yet. For 2021, the price equation has changed. On the Sport S trims, you can no longer get the LED Lighting Group without the Safety group. I know the online configurator lets you do it but the factory will not. If you want the LED lights you have to also pay for the Safety Group, which means that LED headlights now cost $1940 from the factory. This changes the equation quite a bit especially for those who ONLY want the headlights.

I'm currently working on an 80th Anniversary edition order and this is one of many little details that has made things very difficult.

Even on the Sahara though, if you, like me, JUST want the headlights because of how terrible the stock halogens are, $1295 is alot more than the $500-ish you pay for good aftermarket options.
Geesh! They've definitely done a lot of flopping, as far as price and bundling, since I ordered mine 2 years ago. To the day, now that I think about it. Hahaha! For me, it was $995 msrp, $780 at my under invoice price, and was bundled with the steel bumper group which I had my eyes on anyway.

Unless yet another change has happened, I thought the Sport model could only get the LED Headlamp Package (Headlights and fogs), and the LED tail lamps were part of the safety package? And the LED Lighting Group (every exterior light) was still only available on the Saharas and Rubicons?

If you should happen to end up going the aftermarket route, avoid the 7" JK headlights and 9" adapters that some companies are pawning off. Also, another skimp that I've seen, is a lack of elevation and windage adjustments. The end user is left to rely on little washers under the mounting points. Overall build quality is another chinse point on the lower cost options.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Geesh! They've definitely done a lot of flopping, as far as price and bundling, since I ordered mine 2 years ago. To the day, now that I think about it. Hahaha! For me, it was $995 msrp, $780 at my under invoice price, and was bundled with the steel bumper group which I had my eyes on anyway.

Unless yet another change has happened, I thought the Sport model could only get the LED Headlamp Package (Headlights and fogs), and the LED tail lamps were part of the safety package? And the LED Lighting Group (every exterior light) was still only available on the Saharas and Rubicons?

If you should happen to end up going the aftermarket route, avoid the 7" JK headlights and 9" adapters that some companies are pawning off. Also, another skimp that I've seen, is a lack of elevation and windage adjustments. The end user is left to rely on little washers under the mounting points. Overall build quality is another chinse point on the lower cost options.
Yes the way FCA has structured Wrangler option packages is really frustrating. The real massive change is the engine/trans options. It used to be that the V6 was standard and there was a $1500 upcharge for the turbo 4. But that's flipped now, the 4 is standard and you pay $1500 more for the V6. Also, the cost for Auto has gone up so now just getting an automatic V6 is a $3000 upcharge. That's a deal killer for many.

It really is getting to a point where your best bet is just to buy the base model and add everything else aftermarket. It won't work for my search because i'm looking for one for my wife and she only leases. She has a small but strict list of required features that SHOULD be easy to satisfy but thanks to FCA it's a nightmare.

For headlights though, the Oracle Oculus, and DV8 "clone" sets are solid units. They aren't going to be up to OEM quality but they both have better output, and even at 70-80% of OEM quality, the fact that you can get them for 1/4th the price of the factory units makes them a slam dunk.

Last edited:

Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
How about the fog lights? Do the oracle upgrades fit the Arcus bumper?

deaner23

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Sport S
They do but I actually kept my factory fog light and did diodedynamics bulbs in the fog lights instead. One day I’ll replace them with Oracle to get the halo but for now I do love them

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
We do! Did you use the stock oem fog lights or you have the fog lights that came with the bumper?
Sponsored