First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
I don’t want to lead you down the wrong path. I would search the forum.
Sponsored

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Fenders will still be a problem unless you do proper bump stops. I have 2” Dynatrac springs with 295/75r17s that measure 33.25” mounted. The fender gap is pretty much the same as a rubicon with stock 285/75r17s.

B6AC68F5-B38E-46AE-9705-EE5224AEB268.jpeg
Thank you for showing this next to a stock Rubicon! I wish we could see every mod directly next to a stock Rubi. I know not everyone gets the opportunity to show that, so I appreciate the pic.

Also love the look. I'd imagine the Mopar lift gets pretty close to the Dynatrac size wise on a sport, so this is a great perspective. I did notice that the body sits a little higher than the Rubi, but I like how it looks with the stock fenders. I think that would look good even with 285/70/17, but also looks great with the 295/75 you went with. It's like the Rubi look with a little sneaky extra clearance.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
It sits about 1.5” taller. I am about 3” over stock height from the lift coils alone.

the rubi’s higher flares give that impression in the photo I think. Look at the bumpers mine is still a little higher and I am downhill
I'd imagine a touch of that comes from the tire selection as well. But even with Rubi tires I'd think you're probably still sitting about an inch higher.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
The mopar lift has been reported to give 2.5-3” on a Rubicon. I bet it would sit almost another 1 inch at least over the dynatrac springs.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I'd imagine a touch of that comes from the tire selection as well. But even with Rubi tires I'd think you're probably still sitting about an inch higher.
There is only a 1/2 “ difference between a 285/70r17 and a 295/70r17. So not much difference but a little.

Sponsored

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The mopar lift has been reported to give 2.5-3” on a Rubicon. I bet it would sit almost another 1 inch at least over the dynatrac springs.
Yeah, I've read so many different numbers about the Mopar lift. Maybe someday we'll get a pic of equal model JLs with a Mopar and a Dynatrac side by side, with the same tires. I'm not holding my breath, that's a lot to ask. But I do hope someday someone could get those side by side to put the questions to rest. All reports on both end point to either being a really great option though.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Yeah, I've read so many different numbers about the Mopar lift. Maybe someday we'll get a pic of equal model JLs with a Mopar and a Dynatrac side by side, with the same tires. I'm not holding my breath, that's a lot to ask. But I do hope someday someone could get those side by side to put the questions to rest. All reports on both end point to either being a really great option though.
I agree. I went with the dynatrac springs because I got them for 250ish shipped from a member on here. They ride great paired up to some rubi take off shocks with shock extensions. I was able to put the money saved into a Core4x4 track bar.

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
People who report 3-3.5" on the Mopar lift are normally reporting their "net" lift which includes taller tires as well as unsettled new springs. I've heard enough really specific measurements that put the Mopar consistently at 2-2.5" lift (only the lift, adjusting for tires) after about 2-3k miles.
Sponsored