CB mounting ideas

ryandamartini

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
With the JL center console, everything is nicer inside for sure but I'm no seeing too many spots to mount a CB/HAM.

I was hoping I could get some ideas from y'all with either spots to put more traditional systems or could you recommend some good compact systems that would hook into a more powerful antenna?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

ryandamartini

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Lots and lots of guys ran the Cobra 75 in the JKs and liked them. The great part is the unit itself can be mounted out of sight and is great for the limited JL space. The downside is the speaker is in the mike and can be hard to hear with top/doors off and if on the trail. Still it might be the best option.

OP
OP

ryandamartini

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Lots and lots of guys ran the Cobra 75 in the JKs and liked them. The great part is the unit itself can be mounted out of sight and is great for the limited JL space. The downside is the speaker is in the mike and can be hard to hear with top/doors off and if on the trail. Still it might be the best option.
Yeah I think it will be the best solution. Anything else is just going to be really out in the open.

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The Cobra 75 is a nice unit. However I can tell you that its hard to hear going down the road even with just the windows cracked. However Cobra makes an external speaker that can be mounted somewhere inconspicuous. Cobra HG s500.

But with the 75 and s500 you still have three different components you're dealing with for install. At this time you may look into getting a Cobra 19DXIV. Its small compact and can probably be mounted under the steering wheel with some velcro.

It might be worth waiting to see some of the custom mounting stuff that comes out for CB options. I've always liked full size units that mount overhead personally.

J103006.jpg

204920.jpg

381B32EB67417AFE9722D93626FE9FF7_20130103_140658_UTC.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

ryandamartini

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
The Cobra 75 is a nice unit. However I can tell you that its hard to hear going down the road even with just the windows cracked. However Cobra makes an external speaker that can be mounted somewhere inconspicuous. Cobra HG s500.

But with the 75 and s500 you still have three different components you're dealing with for install. At this time you may look into getting a Cobra 19DXIV. Its small compact and can probably be mounted under the steering wheel with some velcro.

It might be worth waiting to see some of the custom mounting stuff that comes out for CB options. I've always liked full size units that mount overhead personally.

J103006.jpg

204920.jpg

381B32EB67417AFE9722D93626FE9FF7_20130103_140658_UTC.jpg
Neat ideas. Thank you for the ideas. Im hoping more things start to come out as the year goes on here.

Trail Eater

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU & 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JK 2DR
I installed the Uniden CMX560 Bearcat Compact Mobile CB under the passenger side kick panel along with the Rugged Ridge 17212.20 CB/AM/FM combo antenna mount and a Firestick 3' tunable antenna. Works fantastic and don't need an extra antenna hanging out there. It may not be the loudest, but an external speaker can be mounted under the seat - but most of the time I'm using it is on trail - slow going. The only thing I need is to rig up a mount for the microphone.
Sponsored