Retired

Purity’sPa

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
On my JK I used the Tuffy overhead security mount, but when I asked, they said they are not making them for the JL since demand has dropped too low.

Any ideas for a full sized CB radio mounting? I like overhead because it is an easy reach and I can better hear the speaker.
https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-160-single-compartment-overhead-console.aspx
I think I read something about the overhead mounting position interfering with the Sirius Radio antenna. Not certain, but that may be why you haven’t seen any overhead mounting solutions in the aftermarket arena.

I know a lot of people like the all-in-one mic/base unit but I have never been a fan. I bought a Presidents unit that isn’t ‘full size’ but fits perfectly in the glove compartment. I have yet to mount everything but plan on using the glove box and then fishing the Mic cord out from there.

OP
OP
MooseMob

MooseMob

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Mojito!
Occupation
Retired
I was cleaning out the garage and found the mounting bar for Arizona Rocky Road's Radio mount for the JK.
The instructions say to drill a hole through the roll bar and run their bolt through it. Because of the new design, I found a comfortable place for it to sit and drilled a hole in the top only. I drilled and tapped it to fit a couple screws I had laying around. Seems solid for now, but it still needs many more bumpy dirt roads of testing. Sat radio works fine so far.
I have not run wires to the top but the radio is up where I like it. The company also sells an antenna mount that goes with the spare tire mount, but I have no idea if it will fit (email to company is unanswered so far).
Sponsored