Broken captive nut

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Did they even offer to fix it for a price? To me the dealer would at least try to say we’ll fix it for xxx amount of money and then maybe you could negotiate a deal given that the body bolt should not break like that. Also, with that body bolt loose I wouldn’t go off roading until it’s fixed.

Do a search for the other user who had the same problem and maybe they can let you know how it was fixed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheCappy

TheCappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
No, the service tech said we can't fix it and to take it to a body shop. They didn't even want to discuss it. They installed my mopar lift for under $300 though. I'm going back tomorrow because the steering wheel isn't straight after the lift install. Maybe I can get the service manager.

OP
OP
TheCappy

TheCappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Nobody seems to have my issue. I used the prybar/screw driver trick for the first two on the drivers side. This thing is just fucked.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Sponsored

MooseMob

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Mojito!
Occupation
Retired
I have developed the same issue with one of the bolts. The only solution I have seen is cutting a hole in the floor to access the nut/bolt inside. Are there other possible solutions?

OP
OP
TheCappy

TheCappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have developed the same issue with one of the bolts. The only solution I have seen is cutting a hole in the floor to access the nut/bolt inside. Are there other possible solutions?
That's how I fixed mine.

dejohnson8034

First Name
Dennis Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL Unlimited
I had the same issue happen to me yesterday, it was the last bolt, middle on the passenger side. Brought it to a 4x4 shop, they advised they would need to cut a hole in the floor and reinstall a new nut/mount. The torque on the bolt was ridiculous, only broke it free before the interior nut broke. I am reaching out to Jeep Cares as it should not break while removing it with a 18mm socket and ratchet.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I had the same issue happen to me yesterday, it was the last bolt, middle on the passenger side. Brought it to a 4x4 shop, they advised they would need to cut a hole in the floor and reinstall a new nut/mount. The torque on the bolt was ridiculous, only broke it free before the interior nut broke. I am reaching out to Jeep Cares as it should not break while removing it with a 18mm socket and ratchet.
Did you use heat to soften the loctite?

Maybe it was cross threaded from the factory.
Sponsored