Bought NOT Built

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Just wondering....is the title a "Salvage"? In the upper right hand corner of the title there is a box entitled "Vehicle History". If it was "revived" from a salvage vehicle, the title will be on the regular blue bordered paper but that box will have "Salvage" in there.

If the vehicle is written off by an insurance company and not yet repaired/restored, the title will be on red bordered paper.

buying-salvage.png

Another concern area is a Lemon Law buyback, where a manufacturer had to buy the vehicle because of a Lemon Law issue. It's required that a vehicle buy back in California get a title with a Lemon designation. But it may not happen if a dealer works a deal with a dissatisfied customer and allows a trade-in for another vehicle. That vehicle may qualify as a Lemon, but it never got the formal classification and title designation. A Carfax may help weed out these by examining the repair history for repetitive trips to a dealer for the same thing.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
Just wondering....is the title a "Salvage"? In the upper right hand corner of the title there is a box entitled "Vehicle History". If it was "revived" from a salvage vehicle, the title will be on the regular blue bordered paper but that box will have "Salvage" in there.

If the vehicle is written off by an insurance company and not yet repaired/restored, the title will be on red bordered paper.

buying-salvage.png

Another concern area is a Lemon Law buyback, where a manufacturer had to buy the vehicle because of a Lemon Law issue. It's required that a vehicle buy back in California get a title with a Lemon designation. But it may not happen if a dealer works a deal with a dissatisfied customer and allows a trade-in for another vehicle. That vehicle may qualify as a Lemon, but it never got the formal classification and title designation. A Carfax may help weed out these by examining the repair history for repetitive trips to a dealer for the same thing.

It was not disclosed in the paperwork and was not reported by Carfax (I know that's not saying anything). It has a carfax buyback guarantee and I am also financing it through Wells Fargo. They wont finance a salvage or rebuilt.

I agree it seems something is weird. But I inspected. the frame and the body. I cant see any damage and it runs flawlessly. Its weird