Body colored vs black top

WhtRubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
I love how the 2-door looks with body colored hard top and body colored fender flares. I also added a boomerang masterseries body color tire cover to complete the look.

PROS:
- Looks clean and the white keeps the car way cooler

CONS:
- Easily scratched, but you can body paint pens from MOPAR
- Back tire cover obstructs outer 25% of back-up camera
Jeep Wrangler JL Body colored vs black top 20210911_155234
Jeep Wrangler JL Body colored vs black top 20210910_163552
Sponsored

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If you're like me and always putting something on the roof, whether a rack, a kid, or a roof top tent, IMHO, the black textured roof hides blemishes a little bit better than the body colored one. I do think the body-colored one looks way better, but in the rough and tumble world may look worse for wear over time. But if just driving and not carting on it, go for it.
Seconding this. I vote for black just on practical purposes alone. My JK's hardtop was all scratched up from putting my kayak up there. But it was very easy to touchup.

And I've already taken a chunk out of one of my JL's freedom panels, which was much easier to repair with some black epoxy and touchup paint than it would have been on a paint-matched one.

The contrasting color is nice, too. Reminds people that the top actually comes off. ;)

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
One other consideration . . . if you may be interested in adding the Sunrider for hardtop (which many of us love) the black hardtop looks better with that IMO.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
When I ordered my JLR I had narrowed color choices down to White or Bikini, I wound up ordering Bikini with black top & black fenders...(Thought a matching Bikini color matched top might be too much of a good thing!) However had I gone with White I would have ordered a matching White top but still with black fenders, that combo is still one of my all time favorites!

Sponsored

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
🤮🤮🤮🤮 What is with all these station wagons? Mods; can we ban these people for being in the wrong forum?
Jeep Wrangler JL Body colored vs black top 1635275442680
Only if you pay if off lol with my station wagon I already go wherever I want.... and not to the mall.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
S
I also love the contrast, almost a old school, two-tone look.
Speaking of two tone look, since it costs extra for the painted top and fenders let us pick the color. The color combo of your choice. Would be great

21Rubi

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 3.6 Auto, 315's, 2.5 MC Lift
Occupation
Retired
Here's now the black looks after 10 months. The front fender from narrow AZ pinstriping trails and the rear fender from a lot of dirt, gravel and rocky roads. Don't know how it would look with painted surface, but glad I have the black.
Jeep Wrangler JL Body colored vs black top 1030211309a
Jeep Wrangler JL Body colored vs black top 1030211309

Jeeb

First Name
JEEB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps!
Color matched looks great but I went with MIC fenders and top so I don’t have to worry about scratching.
Sponsored