BFG 285/70/17 vs Falken Wildpeak Difference

Wrangler73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
Any insight as to why the Mojaves with 285/70/17's that have Falken Wildpeaks look bigger than the same size BFG's? I have a Rubicon with this size with the stock tires and rims. Was looking at the new 4XE's today, saw a couple Mojaves and the tires look distinctly better (wider/kind of balooned out) on the WildPeaks. Wondering if it's the tire itself and if putting the Wildpeaks on a Rubicon would make it look same as Mojaves.

Are the Mojave vs Rubicon rims same size? The Mojaves with Wildpeaks look significantly better than the BFG''s same size. Not talking lifts/suspension, but stock on both are different appearances. The Wildpeaks come just to edge of fender - wondering if same rim width?

Next set of tires on the Rubicon will be the Falkens....

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wrangler73

Wrangler73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
Mojave wheels sit further out. 37mm instead of 44mm offset.
Forgive my lack of knowledge - I'm looking to add a 2.5" AEV Dual Sport lift but would like to keep the tires from sticking out past fenders. We live quite a ways down a gravel road and don't want to throw rocks/chips.....Do you know what offset would get the tires out similar to the Mojaves? My 285 BFG's only have 1800 miles on them so like to keep them and just replace rims but with adding a 2.5 lift would like to look a little more proportionate.

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
Forgive my lack of knowledge - I'm looking to add a 2.5" AEV Dual Sport lift but would like to keep the tires from sticking out past fenders. We live quite a ways down a gravel road and don't want to throw rocks/chips.....Do you know what offset would get the tires out similar to the Mojaves? My 285 BFG's only have 1800 miles on them so like to keep them and just replace rims but with adding a 2.5 lift would like to look a little more proportionate.
AEVs own wheels are designed to do exactly that. +25mm offset; great choice. Gets you 0.75" further out than stock. Other brands make 25mm too (Method, etc.)

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
with adding a 2.5 lift would like to look a little more proportionate
Just realized you said 2.5" lift. I will guarantee you that you will immediately replace the tires with 35s. Width won't help you there. The diameter will look too small with that much lift.

OP
OP
Wrangler73

Wrangler73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
Ok I read the same. May have to go back to the drawing board! Thanks for the info
Sponsored