Limey

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hydro JKU 3.6
TransK9 cage in my JK.

They do a variety of sizes and have a US supplier afaik.

96442D80-BB41-4D5A-A98E-F86B765F33BC.jpeg
Sponsored

Gogged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Does the canvasback stay down with the doors/sides off? Or does it flap out?
The Canvasback has worked great. It comes with velcro strips that keep it down.

Dirtydawg already has nets/dividers out for the JL. I've had them since July. They fit great. I'll post some pics shortly.

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
I think that it has been traditionally accepted that the safest way to transport pets in a Jeep would be in a crate strapped down in the cargo area. Obviously, this is not exactly a lot of fun for the pet.

The opposite end of the spectrum is letting your animal roam freely in the vehicle....this not only is dangerous for the pet but also very dangerous for the occupants as in an accident, your 50 pound dog now becomes a missile of exponential mass bouncing around the passenger compartment.

Personally, I think that seat harnesses are a great compromise, If you don't want the dog in your passenger area or they are destructive, a well designed cargo barrier is a good option.

We built a solid cargo barrier for the JKU (which honestly was not a great seller but the folks who bought it loved it). We also do one for the FJC which has consistently been a best seller of a decade now. I'd be willing to work one up for the JLU if there is interest.

1-IMG_3396_zps4cba8f72.jpg

1-DSC_0206_zpsdljr6lf2.jpg

1-DSC_0048_zpsdcd73e11.jpg

Doc

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I have a 40lb border collie red heeler mix and I buckle him into the seatbelts whenever we go anywhere. It was only like $15 on Amazon but it buckles into the seat belt and the other end clips to his collar. Its adjustable too so I have it just long enough he can stick his head out of the window without having his paws on the door. With all the new soft touch material I don't want him scratching the door panels. But this also prevents him from sitting in my seat and licking the windshield whenever I run into the store.

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
The Canvasback has worked great. It comes with velcro strips that keep it down.

Dirtydawg already has nets/dividers out for the JL. I've had them since July. They fit great. I'll post some pics shortly.
We went to a Canvasback ourselves. It's currently in the mail right now. Ultimately I want to replace all the carpet with bedtred if they make it for the JL since our Shepard is out of control.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tanninman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Escalade 2018 JLU Rubicon
I think that it has been traditionally accepted that the safest way to transport pets in a Jeep would be in a crate strapped down in the cargo area. Obviously, this is not exactly a lot of fun for the pet.

The opposite end of the spectrum is letting your animal roam freely in the vehicle....this not only is dangerous for the pet but also very dangerous for the occupants as in an accident, your 50 pound dog now becomes a missile of exponential mass bouncing around the passenger compartment.

Personally, I think that seat harnesses are a great compromise, If you don't want the dog in your passenger area or they are destructive, a well designed cargo barrier is a good option.

We built a solid cargo barrier for the JKU (which honestly was not a great seller but the folks who bought it loved it). We also do one for the FJC which has consistently been a best seller of a decade now. I'd be willing to work one up for the JLU if there is interest.

1-IMG_3396_zps4cba8f72.jpg

1-DSC_0206_zpsdljr6lf2.jpg

1-DSC_0048_zpsdcd73e11.jpg

Doc
Thank you for your comments and the pics. We will have it on Friday, Tracey is getting really excited!

OP
OP

Tanninman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Springtail is legit. I remember his products for the FJ. Very high quality. I’m not sure about the pet barrier market, but I think you’d have a great customer base for storage solutions. If this barrier was marketed for what it is, a strong barrier to keep cargo where it should be, you might do very well.

Secondary projectiles are deadly in a collision. All of the people that like to store things on the rear deck of their sedans and coupes are crazy to me. Let’s put projectiles at head level with nothing in between them and my head. I hate having anything loose in the passenger compartment because in my line of work, I’ve seen first hand what they do in the event of a collision. Please use caution with cargo, pets, and everyday items like laptops, briefcases, or even a good hardback book.

OP
OP

Tanninman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Springtail is legit. I remember his products for the FJ. Very high quality. I’m not sure about the pet barrier market, but I think you’d have a great customer base for storage solutions. If this barrier was marketed for what it is, a strong barrier to keep cargo where it should be, you might do very well.

Secondary projectiles are deadly in a collision. All of the people that like to store things on the rear deck of their sedans and coupes are crazy to me. Let’s put projectiles at head level with nothing in between them and my head. I hate having anything loose in the passenger compartment because in my line of work, I’ve seen first hand what they do in the event of a collision. Please use caution with cargo, pets, and everyday items like laptops, briefcases, or even a good hardback book.
Point well taken brother! It really was irresponsible of me to let them ride that way, started making them ride in their crates a couple years ago. Black Canary also, she has a soft carrier. Thanks again

Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Point well taken brother! It really was irresponsible of me to let them ride that way, started making them ride in their crates a couple years ago. Black Canary also, she has a soft carrier. Thanks again
In no way was the targeted at you. I apologize if it came off that way. I get passionate about vehicle safety because I know first hand, both personally and professionally, just how deadly they can be.

OP
OP

Tanninman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In no way was the targeted at you. I apologize if it came off that way. I get passionate about vehicle safety because I know first hand, both personally and professionally, just how deadly they can be.
No need to apologize, I really do appreciate your comments! We are on the same team for sure.

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
Thank you RussJeep 1, thanks JeepX3. Still have some studying to do. Here is BC driving with me!

1580A1E9-2849-4880-B3FD-2B7EB17921C2.jpeg
Hands down, one of the BEST pictures I have seen on this forum! I don’t really think I want to own a chicken, but your picture kinda made me want to at least borrow one!

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
This thread needs more pictures of animals in Wranglers!

OP
OP

Tanninman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hands down, one of the BEST pictures I have seen on this forum! I don’t really think I want to own a chicken, but your picture kinda made me want to at least borrow one!
Thank You, it's a long story but she's a very easy pet, and we do love her!
Sponsored