Best Jeep EVER

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
You appreciate what it is more when you've had a YJ, TJ or JK for sure. Makes you wonder if all the complaints are mostly from those that the JL is the first jeep they've ever owned.

I have hand crank windows, the 5" radio, no LED's, no auto dim mirror, no heated seats, no parking sensors or crash detectors, no adaptive cruise control, no anti spin diff's. Just plain and simple with a Hard top, window tint, AC and cruise control. The traction control and other standard features of the Sport are more than enough and far beyond my Last 2003 TJ.

Less stuff to fix when it quits working.
When they call it a car as many do on this forum, it makes me think that this is the first jeep ever owned!
Sponsored

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara High Altitude
Nice! I just got my JLU a couple weeks ago and I’m loving every minute of it (except the steering wandering).

What dealership did you buy from?

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
And we thought this was style back in the day. The YJ 258 inline 6 cyl with FordMOCO distributor, was a good motor even though the Peugeot 5 sp was not great and a left over from the AMC/Jeep/Renault days. Even after Chrysler/Dodge acquired the Jeep brand. You needed a 3-4" lift with a YJ to fit 33's due to the smaller fender wells and then it rode like the axles were bolted to the frame. I used to spray the leaf spring spacers and bushings with silicon or dish soap to lubricate the polyurethane to try to help the springs move a little easier.

CJ dash.png

YJ dash.png

Last edited:

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Finally a non complaint section I truly Love my JLUR it's awesome and I agree some people complain just to have a conversation.

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
My white JL 2 door 3.6L was delivered on Monday. This is my fourth Jeep, one YJ and two JKs, and this JL is far and away the best Jeep EVER! You all probably knew this already, but, wow, this truck is impressive!

The new soft top is better than our JK hard top. 4L playing in the snow is better. Highway ride quality is so much better. Interior better while still keeping Jeep feel. Is it all better? The previous three had been toys. Not this one, it's going in the woods and to the office because don't want to be out of it at all.

Just need to say that to the world. :)
Thank you for your purchase, I'm glad you like it. Thanks again from every one working hard building Jeeps

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Makes you wonder if all the complaints are mostly from those that the JL is the first jeep they've ever owned.
I can't speak for other first time Owners but as this is my First Jeep, and first 4x4, I have no complaints. :like:

I say, "wow, I can actually move in the snow!" instead of, "Ewww wind noise!" :giggle:

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I’ve said it before, but it’s still true. If I had sex in my Jeep, I’d consider it a threesome.

Now that’s liking your Jeep :like:

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I’ve said it before, but it’s still true. If I had sex in my Jeep, I’d consider it a threesome.

Now that’s liking your Jeep :like:
Omfg! :devil: you must have a 4 door, because even with the back seat removed, you would have to be a circus performer to do those gymnastics in the back of a 2 door! :champagne:

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Omfg! :devil: you must have a 4 door, because even with the back seat removed, you would have to be a circus performer to do those gymnastics in the back of a 2 door! :champagne:
Yep, its a 4dr. You’ll also note I said “if” and not “when “ in my post. We all need dreams ;)

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
It's my first Jeep (even though I have been eyeing one for several years now), and I can say it's the best vehicle I have ever owned, and I've owned several. I traded a fully loaded 2015 Silverado LTZ Z71 with a 6.2 in for my Rubicon last year. Was the Silverado a better "ride"...yes. Did the Silverado have more power...absolutely. Was the Silverado more practical...no doubt. Do I ever miss the truck...only when I need to haul anything. Would I give up my Rubicon....no way! It's absolutely the funnest vehicle I have ever owned. I have a mod list a mile long. For all the good that the truck was (and I will say...in the summer I miss the cooled seats and the sound of the V8 with Borla exhausts), the Rubicon is a million times better (except for the ESS...ugh..but at least I can turn that off). Nothing beats riding topless and doorless through the mountains of East Tennessee, and I look forward to some trail riding in the coming months. Is it the best jeep? You guys would know better than me. But I will take it step further and say for me....while it's not perfect...it's still the best vehicle period.
Sponsored