jazzmount102

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler J.L 2.0
Hey there!

I have a Jeep Wrangler 2019 JL 2.0, and live in Canada. I am a first time Wrangler owner. The location of my engine block heater is on the left side underneath the hood however where is the best place to have it stick out so the hood does not damage the cord itself?
Sponsored

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
I found this thread when trying to start a new thread. I'm not really sure how to move it... It's very short (only a couple feet long) and while I can pinch it under the rubber section of the hood, I don't want it bouncing around scratching up the side fender. How do I move it? And where do I move it to?? We're going into a cold spell where I'm going to need to plug it in daily for a couple of weeks, and I really don't want to have to open my hood every time. What a silly location for a plug.

Any suggestions?

Ricardowelch

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Hey there!

I have a Jeep Wrangler 2019 JL 2.0, and live in Canada. I am a first time Wrangler owner. Visit AutoGuysLand to review car diagnostic tool if you concern. The location of my engine block heater is on the left side underneath the hood however where is the best place to have it stick out so the hood does not damage the cord itself?
not sure if that is what you need or not, just give for your reference. hopefully it can help you
https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/how-to-open-your-car-hood-by-joyce-morse
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/block-heater-cord-found-it.4331/

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
The best thing to do it move to Florida so you can remove it :sun:

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
The best thing to do it move to Florida so you can remove it :sun:
I was just saying the same thing last night!! It’s warmed up since then. LOL

12EF1AF8-ECAA-44EA-BEEF-4EE073344D64.jpeg

My cord is super short. There is literally NOWHERE to put it other than to pinch it under the rubber along the side of the hood. You can still slide the cord around and if you position it right it won’t bounce on the hood. It’s not the best place for a block heater cord for the long term (we’re going to reroute it once it warms up) but it’s not going to do any damage for the short term.

Also following this thread for rerouting placement suggestions.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

My cord is super short. There is literally NOWHERE to put it other than to pinch it under the rubber along the side of the hood. You can still slide the cord around and if you position it right it won’t bounce on the hood. It’s not the best place for a block heater cord for the long term (we’re going to reroute it once it warms up) but it’s not going to do any damage for the short term.

My wife is in Calgary this week on meetings - I am hearing all about the conditions.

Gerty

First Name
Gert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara

Used to live in Fraser Lake and PG, now in Castlegar. My condolences :)

Mamacast

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
In the same boat, most block heaters run out through the grill or below, where are we supposed to run this? Very strange location and am not even sure how I would relocate this, having to raise the hood to access defeats the logic. Any ideas (except moving ;-)) would be welcomed.

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
In the same boat, most block heaters run out through the grill or below, where are we supposed to run this? Very strange location and am not even sure how I would relocate this, having to raise the hood to access defeats the logic. Any ideas (except moving ;-)) would be welcomed.
The cord pinches between the rubber, but you could still slide it around if need be (so no risk of damage) and it didn't flap around and hit the fender like I thought it might. I'm still going to try to relocate it, but this did work for the short term. It's warmed up again now though (+1 today!) so I've tucked it back inside. Definitely a pain in the rear, but leaving it out for the week wasn't as big a deal as I had feared.

IMG_3613.JPG

IMG_3614.JPG
Sponsored