Sponsored

Beach Buggy builds?

Wkaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
It seems everyone is building JEEPS to go rock crawling, mountain climbing or playing in the woods. Not much for either of those in my area that are legal, but I can go to the beach at the drop of a dime. Anyone specifically build for the beach. I would love to see some beach builds.
Sponsored

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
My build isn’t beach-specific, but I do believe that the beach Jeeping community is a niche group that is largely overlooked. Not a lot of rock crawling on the coastal FL sandy trails. My favorite thing to do is strip the Jeep naked and cruise to and around the local beaches and towns.

2838EC59-3C9A-48B4-A672-1DD1DED8E85E.jpeg

Daletek1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler JL 2 Door Willys Sport
Mine will most likely only see beach duty up here in MA. Trying to figure out a good beach-appropriate build for it now. Additional storage will be right at the top of the list I know.

Sponsored

LanceMagnum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Agreed, you are pretty much ready to go off the showroom floor once you air down.

As you probably know most places on the cape have air-up stations but you'll want something on-board so you can go to the places w/o stations (like high head), or so that you don't have to wait in a line.

You'll need the required equipment: jacking board, shovel, tow rope, etc. but they all have a similar list (18"x18" jacking board should cover them all), and of course an OSV sticker for the National Seashore and each town beach.

My favorites are:

Cape Cod National Seashore
Nauset
Sandy Neck

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wkaz

Wkaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Agreed, you are pretty much ready to go off the showroom floor once you air down.

As you probably know most places on the cape have air-up stations but you'll want something on-board so you can go to the places w/o stations (like high head), or so that you don't have to wait in a line.

You'll need the required equipment: jacking board, shovel, tow rope, etc. but they all have a similar list (18"x18" jacking board should cover them all), and of course an OSV sticker for the National Seashore and each town beach.

My favorites are:

Cape Cod National Seashore
Nauset
Sandy Neck
I had sandy neck years ago before hurricane BOB. All three stickers must add up.
Sponsored