Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
Turn off your traction control and see if the problem changes. The liquid he was showing you is most likely brake fluid which will discolor near the calipers if exposed to high heat. Pump the brake pedal a couple times prior to stopping and see if that improves the braking. If it improves the braking action greatly, measure your brake pads for wear.
Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I have a 2018 JL Sport with 18,000 miles. When trying to brake, it felt like it didn’t want to stop. Took it in, and they couldn’t replicate the problem so I asked for someone to ride with me because I didn’t feel safe driving it daily. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, it happened with the service tech in the vehicle. Now they are saying it’s the shift differential and a bearing is bad. Has anyone else had this problem? I’m frustrated because this just adds to the list of issues I had since purchasing my Jeep brand new.

If your vehicle is running down the road in neutral then it has to stop by stepping on the brakes regardless whether the transmission is engaged or not.