Sponsored

Back in... just ordered 2020 Rubicon

FFCars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I’ve been Jeepless for 2 years. I sold my JK right when the JL’s came out and wanted to wait a year for any production issues to be sorted out. Today I placed an order for a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited with V6, sky roof, red. I can’t wait to get it.

How long are people waiting to get their Jeeps when they order?

I plan on having the dealer install the 2” Mopar lift and I’ll buy some 35” tires from somewhere else. I measured the top of a hardtop Rubi on the lot and it was 73” and my garage is 79”. If I add 2” for the lift and 1” for the tires, I should be at 76”. Does that sound right?

I’d like to give a shout out to Monti at Ed Voyles in Marietta, Georgia. She thought I was nuts when I walked in and said Mall of Georgia will sell me one for 7% under invoice. I told her I’ve bought 2 new JK’s from her dealership, so I wanted to give them a chance to get the business. Otherwise, I’d just order from Mike at Mall of Georgia.

I got 7% off invoice. I had to join Treadlightly and agree to finance through the dealership. I didn’t want to finance it, but to get the deal I agreed. She says I need to keep the loan for 4 months, but I can pay it all the way down when the 1st payment is due. Just leave 3 more payment amounts on the loan. Sounds fair to me.

If you’re in the Atlanta area, you might want to give them a call if you want to order a new Wrangler.

Ed Voyles - Marietta, GA
Monti Hansard 404-293-3074
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'd highly suggest you check out the suspension subforum, concerning the mopar lift. Many users end up with a considerably higher lift height than the advertised 2". Also, some other concerns. Check out the pic in the first post of the thread entitled "does this look right? Mopar lift"

Forgive me, I don't know how to add links and stuff.

OP
OP

FFCars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks for the advice. What’s everyone recommend instead of Mopar?

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the order. My build was similar, V6 Rubi Unlimited with sky one touch and it took just over a month, showed up at Criswell in 34 days. Kinda weird, didn't even hit paint until day 24! For lifts, I'm waiting until I see what Synergy is going to do with their tuned shocks. Lots in the threads for metal cloak and rock krawler but seems like everyone has an opinion on the 2 or 2.5 kits!

Harmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
I ordered mine on 9/11 & it arrived at the dealership outside of Houston on 10/12.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the advice. What’s everyone recommend instead of Mopar?
My goal is to be able to run a 37x12.5 tire with zero rubbing, but also keep as low of center of gravity as possible. I chose the Dynatrac Endurosport true 2" lift to accomplish that. Its listed as a beginner kit that isn't high enough to throw geometry out of spec, so it doesn't include things like track bars and control arms. I personally decided to take it a couple steps further, for the sake of added strength, so am also upgrading all control arms, rear track bar and bracket, front track bar and bracket, tie rod, drag link, and steering stabilizer.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
For 35s I'd suggest no lift kit. The Rubicon can handle them fine in stock form. If you plan on doing major rock crawling adjust your bump stops and call it a day. If you won't be rock crawling don't worry about bump stops.

OP
OP

FFCars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I’ll be off roading in north Georgia. I will need a lift to make it around the mountain trails.

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
I’ll be off roading in north Georgia. I will need a lift to make it around the mountain trails.
I’ve been Jeepless for 2 years. I sold my JK right when the JL’s came out and wanted to wait a year for any production issues to be sorted out. Today I placed an order for a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited with V6, sky roof, red. I can’t wait to get it.

I plan on having the dealer install the 2” Mopar lift and I’ll buy some 35” tires from somewhere else. I measured the top of a hardtop Rubi on the lot and it was 73” and my garage is 79”. If I add 2” for the lift and 1” for the tires, I should be at 76”. Does that sound right?

I’d like to give a shout out to Monti at Ed Voyles in Marietta, Georgia. She thought I was nuts when I walked in and said Mall of Georgia will sell me one for 7% under invoice. I told her I’ve bought 2 new JK’s from her dealership, so I wanted to give them a chance to get the business. Otherwise, I’d just order from Mike at Mall of Georgia.

I got 7% off invoice. I had to join Treadlightly and agree to finance through the dealership. I didn’t want to finance it, but to get the deal I agreed. She says I need to keep the loan for 4 months, but I can pay it all the way down when the 1st payment is due. Just leave 3 more payment amounts on the loan. Sounds fair to me.

If you’re in the Atlanta area, you might want to give them a call if you want to order a new Wrangler.

Ed Voyles - Marietta, GA
^ sounds similar to what I just bought and the deal I got too. The MSRP on mine was about $58k.....yowsir! Mine and yours should arrive same timing?....but mine has to get to AZ. I bought the standard bumpers and plan to immediately replace the front one with a stubby steel aftermarket and a 12,000# winch. I am thinking I need the new gen 3 by smittybilt. Still trying to decided on a brand of frame mounted sliders.....kinda like a few brands that cover that pinch seam. Getting that narrowed down now. Will do a rear bumper at some point.....but I better drive it a while and let the dust settle from my purchase (grin). I din't know I would agonize over these accessories so much. I have hours of comparison shopping already.

noswttea4u

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Just a FYI. I ordered from same dealership. 8% below. Picked it up in Sunday- was told I could refinance the same day.
My rate was 4.84. Delta Community is 2.38 so going that route.

Sponsored

AJ_4xE

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota

Ed Voyles - Marietta, GA

What was the dealer fees at Ed Voyles?

AJ_4xE

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Just a FYI. I ordered from same dealership. 8% below. Picked it up in Sunday- was told I could refinance the same day.
My rate was 4.84. Delta Community is 2.38 so going that route.
Was it Mall of Georgia or Ed Voyles.? What was their dealer fees?

OP
OP

FFCars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Ed Voyles. I don’t recall the fees, but it was under $900

Last edited: