swflfireguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
I used to have neighbors tell me that my Hemi Ram with the long tube headers and loud exhaust was bad at 5 AM, 8AM? tell her at least your not on midnights, LOL
Sponsored

Jeffery

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2-door, and 1987 YJ with 427 SBC
Saw my neighbors outside and we had a nice talk about my brand new Wrangler Hemi 392. Retired couple. Nice neighborly conversation, until the wife said “Well I must say, you wake me up every morning when you start that thing. But it’s ok, I really need to wake up earlier anyway”. I slumped my shoulders and apologized. What else could I do?Awkward!

Now I leave for work about 8:00am, M-F, which to me isn’t ridiculously early. I guess if you’re retired like she is, though, hearing my 392 beast crank up is like having an 8am alarm go off every morning. I wish I could make the starting process quieter somehow, because right after the starting roar the engine goes relatively quiet.

Be aware of the absolute beast you bring home with a 392. Her alarm clock:

IMG_3369.jpg

Those chicken strips tell me you have too much air in your tires.

OP
OP
Hearhear

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Do you live on a hill or have a slightly sloped driveway where you could coast a few houses away and then start the engine? I have a motorcycle that is not too loud but not as quiet as most cars. I live on a slight hill and when I used to leave for work at 5:00am I would coast 3-4 houses down the hill before starting it and then go gently on the throttle until I was away from any houses.

No neighbors ever complained about early morning noises from me.

No, my driveway actually slopes down towards my neighbors house so that would be worse- I'd coast down to her house then start the engine LOL!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hearhear

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Those chicken strips tell me you have too much air in your tires.
Chicken strips? I just inflated the tires to 37psi per the sticker inside the door frame. Not overinflated according to that.

Jeffery

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2-door, and 1987 YJ with 427 SBC
Chicken strips? I just inflated the tires to 37psi per the sticker inside the door frame. Not overinflated according to that.

Thats for the stock tires. Look at your wear pattern in the dust on your tread. Easy to see your are overinflated.