Tragdor

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Just a quick heads up, my son and I were opening the top when he ripped something on his side and something then fell out. Upon closer inspection, there was a plastic piece that had fallen out due to him ripping a retaining strap. I went to fix it and noticed that there is a second one in a separate rail that was also tearing.

Keep an eye on these and fix before they completely rip.

CF0934E6-1A52-462C-B704-69B28C6E08AB.jpeg

EA58BDF5-54FB-4968-A280-B65FED865832.jpeg
Sponsored

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Anyone know the cause. Mine are ripping too.

ered33

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
just had mine replaced due to this issue. it was fine they replaced it under warranty but the fact that this happened one year into ownership is disconcerting. being a tech my whole life I feel the manufacturers get a bad shake the majority of time from clueless people but I do hope this is addressed. since big companies always have to stick to policies instead of being flexible it really sucks cause I would happily pay $500 extra now to have it changed to premium top so this doesn't happen again.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
just had mine replaced due to this issue. it was fine they replaced it under warranty but the fact that this happened one year into ownership is disconcerting. being a tech my whole life I feel the manufacturers get a bad shake the majority of time from clueless people but I do hope this is addressed. since big companies always have to stick to policies instead of being flexible it really sucks cause I would happily pay $500 extra now to have it changed to premium top so this doesn't happen again.
I love my premium top. And it’s black underneath so it looks really nice inside the car.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Mine had started to rip. The plastic is under tension and the edges are sharp. I sanded mine down to smooth them and round the edges. However the biggest issue is they seem to be improperly seated. Most of mine were in the lower loop and not tucked into the headliner. The ones tucked into the lower loop have all been cut. The ones tucked into the headliner are all fine. Suggest everyone check theres to see where yours sit.

Sponsored

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon

Did they replace the top or just somehow sew in a new loop?

SpacemanJeep

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport Unlimited
Yes!

Mine ripped after like few months. Dealer replaced it with better top, sail cloth material. Mechanisms on that are better and it's been flawless.

Got it replaced under warranty, dealer did not give me any issues at all.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
I have had nothing but soft tops. Is this a problem with just the standard tops or does the premium also have this issue. we have a 2018 JLUR and a 2023 JLR both with soft tops. Have never had issue but would like to watch out for it if it is one.
Sponsored