Sponsored

Anyone using the Freedom Jack for hardtop removal?

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I just put my Freedom Jack together. I’m a complete newb when it comes to Jeep mods and basically putting stuff together, and it was so easy that even I could do it. I watched the install videos on their site, the directions were clear and concise. It came together using basic hand tools.

I did get lucky with the shop crane, I picked up an open box, already assembled unit (score!) at Harbor Freight. All in the crane and the freedom Jack cost about $400. Way less than the Top Lift Pro.

Lifting the top off is quick and easy. I was able to do it myself. My garage is really small with a low ceiling so I had to lift the top up, then move it away from the Jeep, once clear, I lowered it down a bit so I could get it in the garage. I had my husband help me with that part. One person can definitely move it around on their own but being the first time testing it out I opted for a little extra help.
I definitely recommend the freedom jack, especially if cost or space issues are a factor.
You can see how tight my garage is ... and the FJ3 make it easy to get the top off, easy to store and all with enough room to park!

E8ACF053-FB67-450F-A36D-98A89AAC7BB5.jpeg

59B1001D-254D-476A-91DD-CA38AD0861DA.jpeg

655BD3A7-CC6C-4987-B760-E6D314E59957.jpeg
That's great Kimmy.

FWIW to others, Harbor Freight puts their engine cranes on sale regularly--and you don't need the 2 ton more expensive one...the less expensive 1 ton crane will more than do.

Still more, the crane is often discounted more than (and a result of) the cost of becoming a Premium Harbor Freight Member for a year; (renewal optional) which comes with its own perks.
Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I remember being terrified parking my brand new Jeep hood below the top when I first removed it. I didn’t actually get comfortable until a few weeks of the lift not moving. Then you relax and don’t think of it anymore.