Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
  • Banned
Just curious if anyone has had issues with wheel spacers? I have some. Have been installed for about 10K miles. Been having some weird steering issues. Curious if I should remove. Reputable source suggested that they can cause weird effects because of change in scrub radius and such. Is it any different than an after market wheel? Any one with experience of an issue and removed and issue resolved?

Also, should it be any problem to remove the red loctite on the pacer lugs. Will I need heat?

Thanks!
Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I had wheel spacers that the previous owner installed on my 85 Toyota Land Cruiser.

I broke 2 or 3 lug bolts trying to get them off. Yeah, you'll need AT LEAST heat. I recommend taking it to a shop today and getting them off.

There's a reason they are not legal for on road use.

And who the hell knows of the are the cause of your steering issues. . Wheel spacers on this jeep is like gas on a bonfire.

I'm sure they aren't helping anything!

Get em off! Good luck!

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Years ago (20 maybe) I watched a 35 go flying past me off the K5 Blazer behind me at a traffic light. It continued its journey until it met a Ford Ranger going through the intersection. It stopped by caving in the passender door and blowing out the side window of the Ranger. 3 lug nuts missing and 2 lugs gone.

The spacers on the K5 were installed a week prior to the trair ride we were returning from.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Halstem1

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Well.... I got more "take them off" responses that I was expecting.

Took them off over lunch. We'll see what happens. I didn't need them on there. I just liked the "un-tucked" look of the tires. I didn't think they were that noticeable when I put them on but now I think she skipped leg day.

Might be shopping for aftermarket wheels sooner than expected. haha.

Thanks friends.

Also, how does a lifted JLUR on 37s look small? What is wrong with me?

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I had wheel spacers on my JK for 30k miles before selling it. I used blue Loctite, torqued them properly and drove it off and on road without problems. I checked them once in a while.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Just curious if anyone has had issues with wheel spacers? I have some. Have been installed for about 10K miles. Been having some weird steering issues. Curious if I should remove. Reputable source suggested that they can cause weird effects because of change in scrub radius and such. Is it any different than an after market wheel? Any one with experience of an issue and removed and issue resolved?

Also, should it be any problem to remove the red loctite on the pacer lugs. Will I need heat?

Thanks!
Nope wouldn't use them. Bandaids are for owies. :CWL:

OP
OP
Halstem1

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Question... I took my wheel spacers off a week ago. Driving characteristics improved greatly. Some horrible wheel wobble I was having is almost gone. You can still feel something over a series of aggressive bumps. But nothing like a week ago when I was terrified to go over bridge overpassed.

the wheel spacers look fine upon inspection. They appeared to be mounted perfectly flat. They were all properly torqued.

I donā€™t think the spacers was the cause of the wheel wobble or shimmy. However, what issue would be amplified by the spacer? I understand scrub radius and such. If increasing scrub was going to make a problem worse, what would that be? Ball joints? Wheel bearings? Any suggestions are helpful.

I have a ā€˜19 JLUR with a 2ā€ Mopar lift and 37ā€ BFGs that weā€™re all installed from the dealer. It was like thatā€™s new, I didnā€™t have them install. Tires have been balanced. Full steering system is updated with 1000 miles on it. Iā€™m pressing that the issue is a warranty item but what can I argue is wrong?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Question... I took my wheel spacers off a week ago. Driving characteristics improved greatly. Some horrible wheel wobble I was having is almost gone. You can still feel something over a series of aggressive bumps. But nothing like a week ago when I was terrified to go over bridge overpassed.

the wheel spacers look fine upon inspection. They appeared to be mounted perfectly flat. They were all properly torqued.

I donā€™t think the spacers was the cause of the wheel wobble or shimmy. However, what issue would be amplified by the spacer? I understand scrub radius and such. If increasing scrub was going to make a problem worse, what would that be? Ball joints? Wheel bearings? Any suggestions are helpful.

I have a ā€˜19 JLUR with a 2ā€ Mopar lift and 37ā€ BFGs that weā€™re all installed from the dealer. It was like thatā€™s new, I didnā€™t have them install. Tires have been balanced. Full steering system is updated with 1000 miles on it. Iā€™m pressing that the issue is a warranty item but what can I argue is wrong?
Check your toe-in angle. Can be done yourself with 2 tape measures and 2 straight edges longer than the tire diameter. Shoot for about a 1/16" total toe-in. Was suggested in a thread here and was like night and day ride improvement. Was able to hit the highway and go over 50 again, while driving like a dream.

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Definitely remove. Iā€™ve heard some pretty scary stories about those things.
Sponsored