Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Sport S
Occupation
3D Artist
I got my Ocean Blue JL about a month ago, so its still very new for me. On rough roads, something near the dash kept rattling! I havent gone off roading yet, but can only imagine the noise THAT would make.

I finally found the source and the fix, and it looks like something that can affect ALL jeeps.

Basically, its the plastic sun visors hitting the plastic ceiling panel holding them in. The Jeep does have rubber stops, but they dont even work. A simple felt pad fixed it for $5 and im so happy I did it. I made a quick video showing the rattle and the fix.

Im really curious how many people have these rattling sun visors?
Sponsored

Gbart

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
I got my Ocean Blue JL about a month ago, so its still very new for me. On rough roads, something near the dash kept rattling! I havent gone off roading yet, but can only imagine the noise THAT would make.

I finally found the source and the fix, and it looks like something that can affect ALL jeeps.

Basically, its the plastic sun visors hitting the plastic ceiling panel holding them in. The Jeep does have rubber stops, but they dont even work. A simple felt pad fixed it for $5 and im so happy I did it. I made a quick video showing the rattle and the fix.

Im really curious how many people have these rattling sun visors?
There is another thread about this somewhere on the forum with many people with this rattle. I had the same thing and just stuck small 3/8” felt pads on the end of each rubber stop under the visors and that solved it.

I never actually looked to see exactly what was rattling though. Your video shows the problem very well. Thanks.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

My 2020 has 2 of those bump stops from the factory. Looks like FCA/Jeep added a 2nd one to mitigate the rattles.

OP
OP
Gibbage

Gibbage

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Sport S
Occupation
3D Artist
My 2020 has 2 of those bump stops from the factory. Looks like FCA/Jeep added a 2nd one to mitigate the rattles.
My 2018 has two small rubber stops on the outer edge of the shade, but its the vanity mirror thats contacting the ceiling and not the shade itself. The bump stops are not big enough to keep the ceiling from hitting the vanity mirror cover.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

My 2018 has two small rubber stops on the outer edge of the shade
Ah, OK. Was hard to tell in your video and it seemed/looked like there was just one. I'll have to check whether mine rattles. Thanks for the tip btw.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My grandkids always told me it was the rocks in my head rattling around. Now I can tell it was also something else.
Sponsored