Sponsored

Anyone else have these windshield marks?

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Not only can you not see them on Gorilla glass, you can't even see the Gorilla glass itself!

(Sorry, bad attempt at humor as all the GG orders are stuck and we're still waiting on the first one to be produced)
lol I get the humor, I’m in on that wait myself!! Don’t tell wifey, might have put a deposit on the big boy.
Sponsored

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
@Gummiente62

You can see the factory machine with the suction cups placing the windshield on a JL.

Watch the whole video or skip to frame 732 and watch from there..

This video goes into a little more detail with the windshields, you can actually see that suction cups are used on both sides of the glass at different times, it starts ~5:00:

Thdoors

First Name
Dabber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 2021 JLU Sport 2LT 2015 Sport 3.6L
Occupation
Retired homicide detective
They only show up on a foggy or frosty morning and after 2yrs of periodically cleaning the glass they're still visible. I recently watched a video of the JL assembly line at Toledo and they appear to have been caused by the six suction cups that hold the windshield in place while it is installed into the frame. I'm not sure why or how the cups leave a permanent mark and I'm curious if anyone else has this issue and, if so, were you able to remove them?

IMG_20210612_0707356~2.jpg
I can’t believe you’ve gone 2yrs with the original windshield. They usually only survive 2 months at a time from debris hitting them😂