pdpardue

pdpardue

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cherokee sport, 2021 4xe rubicon
I'm new to the Bay Area and new to Jeeps as I just got a 4xe Sahara. My daughter and I did a light break-in on Old Coast Road yesterday and had a great time. From Mountain View, it was 6 hours total, including a lunch at Phil's Fish Market. I'd like to join some meet-ups and find some groups in the area.
IMG_1574 2.jpeg
Old Coast road is on my list, how was it? I've been wanting to get up to the top to the campground but I keep checking and the road still says closed... I just checked now and it says OPEN - might be tempted for a drive this weekend.

any one interested?

https://goo.gl/maps/6txfK72nRuLke4LSA
Sponsored

Cherii

First Name
Cheryna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I might be interested in meeting up / showing up for the fest, what are the details?

Sunday 8th from 11am-4pm
@ San Mateo Event Center, 1346 Saratoga Drive, San Mateo, CA

Free admission too!

jeronimo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL
Occupation
On the trail :+)
I am in, which day and where anyone? :)

SFWSCX3

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 05 Cayenne Turbo, 14 X5 D 21 JLURD
Sunday 8th from 11am-4pm
@ San Mateo Event Center, 1346 Saratoga Drive, San Mateo, CA

Free admission too!
I’m in San Mateo, problem is no Jeep yet! It should be in transit on 8/17. If you see a built 19 4Runner TRD Pro 4sale in the lot, that’s me Finally was able to talk The Boss aka Wifey into a Jeep. hope to see some local folks there.

Cherii

First Name
Cheryna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Il
I’m in San Mateo, problem is no Jeep yet! It should be in transit on 8/17. If you see a built 19 4Runner TRD Pro 4sale in the lot, that’s me Finally was able to talk The Boss aka Wifey into a Jeep. hope to see some local folks there.
I’ll be sure to keep a look out for yea!

Sponsored

Cherii

First Name
Cheryna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw your truck yesterday! It’s really nice. Looking forward to see what you do with the new wrangler once it comes in!

SFWSCX3

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 05 Cayenne Turbo, 14 X5 D 21 JLURD
I saw your truck yesterday! It’s really nice. Looking forward to see what you do with the new wrangler once it comes in!
I’m looking forward to it! Hope to meet some local Jeepers soon

throttlebc

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara, 1966 Land Rover Series IIa
Old Coast road is on my list, how was it?
This was a nice relaxing drive. Other than getting dusty inside, there was nothing really technical about the drive but it's beautiful and serene. I'd done some technical driving in the past with my Discovery that was much more challenging, but I wanted to get my daughter hooked on off road driving so this was perfect. We went back to Monterey this past weekend for the vintage racing at Laguna Seca and the traffic going there is awful. Weekdays or early mornings seem like the most reasonable times to go.

OP
OP
pdpardue

pdpardue

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This was a nice relaxing drive. Other than getting dusty inside, there was nothing really technical about the drive but it's beautiful and serene. I'd done some technical driving in the past with my Discovery that was much more challenging, but I wanted to get my daughter hooked on off road driving so this was perfect. We went back to Monterey this past weekend for the vintage racing at Laguna Seca and the traffic going there is awful. Weekdays or early mornings seem like the most reasonable times to go.
I went down to Big Sur on Saturday, ended up a bit further south and up on the ridge trail, on the way back I wanted to do coast road but my friend was feeling a bit sick so we just drove past it and back home. :(

Sponsored

OP
OP
pdpardue

pdpardue

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heading to Hollister today anyone up to meet up?

Cherii

First Name
Cheryna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heading to Hollister today anyone up to meet up?
Dang! I was there all day Saturday! Such a bummer I didn't check the forum. Probably passed you while on the many trails.
Any trail you liked the best?

OP
OP
pdpardue

pdpardue

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dang! I was there all day Saturday! Such a bummer I didn't check the forum. Probably passed you while on the many trails.
Any trail you liked the best?
I was just kind of driving around. Hung out at the obstacle course for a bit and watch all the lifted jeeps bang scratch and dent their way over and around stuff.

Cherii

First Name
Cheryna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was just kind of driving around. Hung out at the obstacle course for a bit and watch all the lifted jeeps bang scratch and dent their way over and around stuff.
Yeah I got to watch some lifted jeeps on some of the black diamond trails go over some massive rocks. It was as if they were pavement. I did a lot of the blue square trails. All but two entrances were doable. Really gorgeous views too.
Sponsored