Amp power step XL gap??

SC_Titan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just had these installed and the gap toward the rear seems more than it should be. Anyone dealt with this or have a solution? They are tight against the rocker except for the rear on both sides.
Jeep Wrangler JL Amp power step XL gap?? 43E5C172-744F-47C6-87C0-FF39BFF85E6F
Jeep Wrangler JL Amp power step XL gap?? 9DD033BF-E6C6-4A55-B3A6-987FE8509CED
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Just had these installed and the gap toward the rear seems more than it should be. Anyone dealt with this or have a solution? They are tight against the rocker except for the rear on both sides.
Did you look underneath to see how they're mounted and see if they can be adjusted?

WVBKW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon - 2020 F350 KR
I don’t have the XL’s felt like they were too large for my build.

I have the standard amp steps. I purchased the pinch weld cover piece. It makes them blend in a little better.

Jeep Wrangler JL Amp power step XL gap?? 10F4492B-7D63-4527-8DEB-A0D4FAF2A982

Jeep Wrangler JL Amp power step XL gap?? 50DFB466-D21E-4BFE-B185-E611A90F38DD

see the black trim piece with the black Allen head bolts? It just covers that area so it doesn’t shine through. Otherwise on mine you would see that silver pinch weld, now it’s not beautiful but it doesn’t catch your eye.

I have the one made by hammerhead, but I believe there are a few out there.

I understand I’m not exactly answering your question, but this was my solution. I also wasn’t happy with the gap between the body and AMP steps. I have tried to call them twice now and I can’t ever speak to anyone. I too was hoping I could adjust their placement or the swing of the arm.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
Out of curiosity, could it be the body slants in there? Looking at the line of the pinch weld vs the step, it looks pretty parallel.

OP
OP

SC_Titan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Out of curiosity, could it be the body slants in there? Looking at the line of the pinch weld vs the step, it looks pretty parallel.
yes to some extent. AMP customer service is non existent so it is what it is.

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
yes to some extent. AMP customer service is non existent so it is what it is.
I have regular steps on mine and they look slanted like this also. Same with the wife's. I thought at first they were bent/crooked until I put hers on and realized they both did the same. I do not think that your Amp boards are messed up I think its the way the body of the Jeep is made.

OP
OP

SC_Titan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
In other pics online they look like they are closer to the body, but maybe it’s camera angles etc. They do work well

hybrid_eg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'90 S13, 22 MS Plaid, '23 JLUR 4xe
I can attest to the gap. ive emailed them as well and waiting on reply.. i bought my steps second hand and they work great aside from the rear gap between step and pinch weld. (see pic) It appears i have the regular powerstep model 75132-01A.. from what i saw on the website XL comes with a cover so the step is more concealed. After reading through instructions i missed the shim on the center motor, (i didnt get the shims from who i bought mine) so i'm hoping that will level is over a bit better - this could be the same issue on the XL version... I also have the pinch weld covers from Hammerhead Bottom Trim Pinch Weld Cover; I hope they will do the trick in making it a more cohesive look between the step and the exposed pinch weld body since factory rubi sliders had to go to make these fit.

I have not installed the covers yet i'm waiting for the shims (if amp ever replies).. Other than the gap i think steps are excellent and i've had no issues with them.. i did replace the ugly outdated purple LED lights for something more current to match rest of the OEM led colors.. (picked up some wateproof LED housings on amazon for $20) and had a buddy plasma cut the new longer lights brackets, following the same mounting concept as the ones that came with the steps.

FullSizeRender_hiFSHzwiBNUFT7fDEAnxjW.jpg
FullSizeRender_kEMQLEFBzeEbk9NuQLgPU4.jpg
IMG_6802.jpg
IMG_6810.jpg
IMG_6809.jpg
IMG_6767.jpg
IMG_6812.jpg