Sponsored

American Adventure Lab prices??

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I can tell you that shipping prices for us as a company have increased at least 20% in the past month or two... We ship a lot of packages UPS/FedEx/Freight and prices have shot up on all our carriers...
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The USPS, who used to be the target of my criticism regarding ground shipping, is now my Go To. That's something I didn't think I'd ever say.

Their parcel tracking system isn't nearly as dynamic as UPS or FedEx, but the latter two companies are quickly pricing themselves out of contention. More to the point, the Post Office has met more estimated or actual delivery date targets over the past year or two than UPS or FedEx could ever claim.

If my Ring doorbell camera footage is representative, they can't claim to handle most packages with due care, either. 😑

OP
OP
JocoRubicon

JocoRubicon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
I have a few of their things but want to get the drawer system. I dont have a problem with build quality thus far but geeze I can fly to UT and check the boxes as baggage for less than some of their shipping costs. The other thing is while I understand fully about material costs and inflation issues (our lead times at work went from 8wks to 8months) I cannot imagine the tailgate table for example has increased $80+ in materials and $80+ in powder coating costs. What I do see if a lot of their social media where they have made what looks to be massive infrastructure investments. They look to be getting things made faster but wow. I mean geeze the table is nice but it's not $600 nice. The "package" deal for drawers and such is gone too at least it was when I looked the other day. Wasnt a great deal but it was something.

Just feels like they are pricing themselves out of the market...shame though they do make good stuff.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I cannot imagine the tailgate table for example has increased $80+ in materials and $80+ in powder coating costs.
I want to agree here, but...

By way of example:
I'm the one who does grocery runs for our house. I was there this morning, actually. The price growth that I've observed occurring in almost every segment of the store over the past year or so is sobering.

It's equally sobering to be there on a Wednesday morning, coincidental with the folks who receive their Social Security deposits on that day. I'm not trying to watch them, I'm not trying to listen to them as we pass each other in the aisles, but...it's plain to me that they're having to make decisions about everything that goes in their carts.

If we scale that up, it becomes easier to understand the Why and How of the price growth we're seeing in other places.
Sponsored