Air conditioning not working right

Ancompto

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Just wondering if anyone else has had any problems with their a/c? Sorry if this has been discussed, did a search and didn’t find much. I have a 2019 Sahara that I got last March- a/c worked great last summer with no issues. This summer, it keeps cycling on and off to the point where it gets uncomfortably warm inside. Is this a known issue? It does go cold on and off so it’s not as though it doesn’t work at all. I read on a Facebook group that it’s “normal” for it to intake some warm air, but it didn’t so this last summer, and also, I wouldn’t think it normal to allow it to get uncomfortably warm inside... (and before you suggest to just put the top down, yes, I do that too, but sometimes, like if I’m on my way to work or nice dinner, I just want it to be nice and cool and not sweat)
Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Just wondering if anyone else has had any problems with their a/c? Sorry if this has been discussed, did a search and didn’t find much. I have a 2019 Sahara that I got last March- a/c worked great last summer with no issues. This summer, it keeps cycling on and off to the point where it gets uncomfortably warm inside. Is this a known issue? It does go cold on and off so it’s not as though it doesn’t work at all. I read on a Facebook group that it’s “normal” for it to intake some warm air, but it didn’t so this last summer, and also, I wouldn’t think it normal to allow it to get uncomfortably warm inside... (and before you suggest to just put the top down, yes, I do that too, but sometimes, like if I’m on my way to work or nice dinner, I just want it to be nice and cool and not sweat)
The warm outside air entering the cabin problem is unrelated to the A/C compressor. In this situation outside air enters the cabin underneath the glove box but the dash vents should still blow cold air if the compressor is running.

If you are finding the A/C intermittently stops blowing cold air through the vents, this means your A/C compressor has stopped running. In modern vehicles it’s very common for A/C compressors to intermittently cycle on/off to increase fuel efficiency. You’ll notice this with ESS. When you stop at a stoplight and your engine shuts off, it’s also shutting off the A/C compressor.

So I think you need to diagnose what type of problem you are having whether it’s warm air entering the cabin from under the dash or warm air coming from the dash vents.

OP
OP
Ancompto

Ancompto

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
It’s blowing warm air from the vents, not coming in under the glove box. It does happen more when I stop and the engine turns off, but it’s also happening while driving down the road

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
I almost always turn off the auto stop start as soon as I get in the summer. If not it will get hot fast on hot days outside. Also make sure the air rescuculation is always turned on in the summer. The AC compressor is going to cycle and be slightly warmer at times but doing these should help the Jeeps AC. If its still warm after doing these you might have an issue.
Sponsored