First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Just wondering if anybody in the NY area knows of any good spots for some dispersed camping in the ADK? I’ll be based out of the Lake George area for a while, but any and all suggestions are welcome.

Online researching turns up a few blips, but nothing substantial. If anyone has any good input, I’d appreciate it.

With that said, if I find anything good while I’m up there I’ll be sure to share it here.

Jeep Wrangler JL ADK Camping CADD3C20-3F0D-4081-A4FF-1012F7EB9DCB
Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Not many legal trails, and virtually NONE in the ADK park. The Pic posted is either for snowmobiles or hikers. As far as camping goes, there are a decent amount of state-run campgrounds with primitive camping.

I'm near Saratoga! PM me if you want to go wheeling or have any questions. Capital District Jeep Wrangler (CDJW) and Adirondack Jeeps (my club) are both fairly active in the community and have meet ups and trail rides.

OP
OP
rohdawg

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Not many legal trails, and virtually NONE in the ADK park. The Pic posted is either for snowmobiles or hikers. As far as camping goes, there are a decent amount of state-run campgrounds with primitive camping.

I'm near Saratoga! PM me if you want to go wheeling or have any questions. Capital District Jeep Wrangler (CDJW) and Adirondack Jeeps (my club) are both fairly active in the community and have meet ups and trail rides.
Thanks Scott!
That’s a pic from a hiking trail we did in the spring.
I’ll PM you about becoming active with Adirondack Jeeps. We have a cabin we go to on a regular basis and it would be awesome to hit some trails with a club. On that same note, we’re already looking forward to and planning for next years ADK Jeep event.
Much appreciated! 👍🏼

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Thanks Scott!
That’s a pic from a hiking trail we did in the spring.
I’ll PM you about becoming active with Adirondack Jeeps. We have a cabin we go to on a regular basis and it would be awesome to hit some trails with a club. On that same note, we’re already looking forward to and planning for next years ADK Jeep event.
Much appreciated! 👍🏼
Sounds great! I'm looking forward to ADK Jeep invasion '22 as well. I was a trail guide last year. Hoping to get asked back this coming year, especially since I'm on 37's now so I'll be able to do a little more.

Kolkebeck

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
There are a number of off grid campsites on Floodwood Road in Saranac Inn. ~2 hours from Lake George. The sites are close to the road although a few are set back on the ponds. the road is several miles long with a few splits. At the end there is a gate with a parking lot. with a trail up Floodwood Mountain.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I remember them talking about an app that had a great map for camping locations on the Jeep Talk Show podcast a while back. I think it was iOverlander.

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
The Moose River Plains has a 25 mile dirt road with lots of offshoots. You enter near Limekiln Lake and there are good campsites all along the road. It's a wild location. You won't do any proper off road wheeling inside the park but if you're looking for a long dirt road into the wilderness, it's a good choice. I'm sure there are other spots like it--but this is the one I've been on.
Sponsored