First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Occupation
Physics and Astronomy Teacher
Hi all- I was emailing around for quotes to all the dealers around me to put in an order for a 2020 2 door. One, and only one, of the dealers who didn't give me a quote emaild me to let me know...

"Im sorry but there is a hold on the 2dr Wrangler builds"

Any info on this out there?

Thanks,
Matt
Sponsored

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
Hi all- I was emailing around for quotes to all the dealers around me to put in an order for a 2020 2 door. One, and only one, of the dealers who didn't give me a quote emaild me to let me know...

"Im sorry but there is a hold on the 2dr Wrangler builds"

Any info on this out there?

Thanks,
Matt
Interesting, I am going to place an order at the end of the month after waiting 2 years for a 2 door. I'll be bummed out if your above is true.

OP
OP
webertiger

webertiger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Occupation
Interesting, I am going to place an order at the end of the month after waiting 2 years for a 2 door. I'll be bummed out if your above is true.
I don’t know. I got several quotes today and no one else mentioned anything.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
If a "hold" is similar to a "restriction", it doesn't mean much. It would mean they aren't building them right now, but that could change in hours or days. If the other dealers didn't mention it, its probably because either they don't know about it, or it isn't significant. Two doors aren't going away. Could be the power train configuration with the 2 door, for the time being also. When I ordered my 2019 in 2018, the 3.6 auto was on restriction for the 2 door, along with steel bumpers, and something else. I got everything I wanted. First dealer didn't know how to put the order through (and the deal sucked), the second one had no issues.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I wonder if the Supply Chain from China will be impacted by the Wuhan Virus, although plenty should be in transit, container ships that left prior to the outbreak

Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

He could have meant just a hold at his specific dealership, their own quota bs or something

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I wonder if the Supply Chain from China will be impacted by the Wuhan Virus, although plenty should be in transit, container ships that left prior to the outbreak
I don't know the reason for the 2-door hold. It's entirely possible supply issues might come into play in the future. A major Honda supplier is moving out of China to Thailand. Hyundai had to stop it's assembly line already due to parts shortages from the virus.

I started a thread about the virus and supply issues.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ible-parts-shortage.45682/page-3#post-1007796

OP
OP
webertiger

webertiger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Occupation
I placed an order last week with no problem. It might have been something real or it might have been a dealer who didn't want to put in an order. Either way, I had no problem with other dealers.
Sponsored