Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
The ProClip mount is held on the dash by the tension created by it, not even really the padded tape, which is there to protect the dash. It’s my install video and full disclosure I didn’t even pull the tape off the back because I want to be able to move it along the dash, and it’s still not moving. I will be testing it off road next weekend but I can tell you the thing is on there pretty sturdily. I drive on minimally maintained dirt roads regularly with plenty of bumps and it is doing just fine.

Regarding quality, this is high-density ABS and actually has a very nice finish. Everyone that I have received comments from that has owned a ProClip mount has given very positive feedback on them. Other than the fact that I got a free $70 phone mount, I am not beholden to ProClip, but can tell you I would pay the $70 based on how it’s performed so far.

The phone holder comes in multiple sizes, and the size you get is adjustable. For any firearm folks, think of a universal holster but made for your size (just not exact model) of gun.
Sponsored

OP
OP

bem1

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lantanapcguy.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Thanks everyone! Looks like I may hold out until something else comes to market. Not in any rush to put my phone in front of my face. Not really sure it's needed based on Apple carplay, Bluetooth integration with uconnect. Also, seems that 67 designs has no discount codes at this time... "Congratulations on your new JL! We don't have any discount codes right now. Sorry!"

TeeravX

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
The JL is my first Wrangler and it probably comes with the territory but I was pretty shocked how difficult it is to find a good place to put your phone where it is accessible yet not occupying any of the fairly limited window viewport.

After quite a bit of research I decided to spring for the Carolina Metal Masters mirror setup which has a ram ball mount built in. While this is admittedly expensive, for me it kills two birds with one stone. I'm going to need mirrors for when I take the doors off, and I also need a place for my phone that is out of the way. The mirrors are among the few that I found that didn't have much rattle and obviously the ram ball mount gives you a lot of flexibility.

What I specifically like about this solution as a place for your phone - is you already can't see through the a-pillars of the jeep anyway so mounting a phone in that space doesn't result in any kind of loss of visibility.

It appears they have several options, one is the mirror solution that I ordered, and the second is a solo ball joint that you can purchase independently both are shown in the link below. They do come finished in black and not silver I believe, the image in their photos must be a pre-production model.

I haven't received mine yet but if people are interested I can send an update with photos.

https://www.carolinametalmasters.co...mm-jl-side-mirrors-with-1-ball-mount-solution

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Thanks everyone! Looks like I may hold out until something else comes to market. Not in any rush to put my phone in front of my face. Not really sure it's needed based on Apple carplay, Bluetooth integration with uconnect. Also, seems that 67 designs has no discount codes at this time... "Congratulations on your new JL! We don't have any discount codes right now. Sorry!"
I would expect they have something in time for Black Friday or Christmas. Most companies usually do.

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
Here are a few better photos with the phone holder turned vertically. It doesn’t interfere with the Uconnect screen, you can rotate 360 degrees, and tilt 15 degrees in any direction.

6BE3C7C7-FC91-4A28-90F5-ED23649577DE.jpeg

135A10C0-1640-4471-AFEF-30D71961E72B.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP

bem1

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lantanapcguy.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Okay, I found a mount. Totally Free and works like a charm!

phonemount.jpg

Reactions: JC7

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@everyone
@bem1

Well, I received the ProClip Mount JL today.... Will start by saying that the mount is real nice. Looks good and well made.

Anyway, went to install the mount and geeeeez was it a bugger to get the one end into the opening near the windshield where the plastic curve, needed to go over the lip. At first I thought, no way will I get this thing in that narrow opening. I persisted and it did finally go into the opening and went over the lip.. Can tell you that getting it off will be doable but it is not just going to lift right up and off without some fooling with it.

Long story short, my Scosche Magnetic Dash Mount worked well and mated right up to the end of the ProClip mount. The adhesive on the Scosche gripped firmly. The Scosche mount stuck on the end of the ProClip mount does not look bad at all.. seriously, not bad to look at ...

The magnet on the Scosche held the smart phone well, even on pretty bumpy roads.

Can tell you, no way is that ProClip Mount JL, going anywhere, even if you drive off road with it. It's on there!

Granted the magnetic mount may not do the deed on rough trails, so if you are going to be on real rough trails you may just want to go with the clamp type mount that ProClip sells to go with the ProClip JL Mount.

Can tell you the magnetic mount on the ProClip Mount is slick as chittt and I am very pleased with it. A keeper for sure. So, the ProCLip for JL cost me $26 and the Scosche mag mount cost me $13. So, for a total of $39, I have a hell of a decent smart phone mount. 8-)

Nice thing is with this set-up... the ProClip JL Mount, you can position the mount pretty much anywhere on the dash, you want and easily.. There are no screws to screw, no cutting of mats... the ProClip is non-invasive..

Smart phone can be vertical or horizontal..

20181108_122455.jpg

20181108_170042.jpg

JtwJL

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
I just bought the d67 magnetic phone mount, If i remember when it comes in ill come back with some feedback

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
After quite a bit of research I decided to spring for the Carolina Metal Masters mirror setup which has a ram ball mount built in. While this is admittedly expensive, for me it kills two birds with one stone. I'm going to need mirrors for when I take the doors off, and I also need a place for my phone that is out of the way. The mirrors are among the few that I found that didn't have much rattle and obviously the ram ball mount gives you a lot of flexibility.

What I specifically like about this solution as a place for your phone - is you already can't see through the a-pillars of the jeep anyway so mounting a phone in that space doesn't result in any kind of loss of visibility.

I haven't received mine yet but if people are interested I can send an update with photos.

https://www.carolinametalmasters.co...mm-jl-side-mirrors-with-1-ball-mount-solution
I've thought about the CMM mirrors also. I'll be curious how comfortable you are running with the phone in the mount and the doors off. I'm worried about hitting a bump and the phone falling out of the holder and Jeep, since the mount is closer to the door.

Luco

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 GMC 2500 HD, 2010 Seneca Motorhome on Chevrolet C5500
I use the 67 Design mount fo my phone and GoPro. I find it very well made and stable. It is in line with other commercial quality mounts for electronic devices.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
So how did a thread about 67 designs discount code turn into a pro clip thread?

I’m new to this forum, but ya’ll be some thread hijacking mofo’s
Disagree, OP is obviously not happy with the price for the D67, so people are posting cheaper options and how they work. Quote:
"$90+ is hard to swallow for a phone mount..."