4x4 Engaging Issues

Dan789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler 2020
My Rubicon seems to be having consistent issues with 4wd engagement? The first time we took it offroad, 4 low didn't engage. Then the 4wd service light came on and stayed on the entire time. We turned the car off then back on and it engaged low range.
We took it to the dealer where they said they couldn't see an issue.
Went out last week only to have the same issues occurring. Turn car off and back on then the system engages.
We don't want to continue to have to turn the car off to engage low range.
Has anyone had similar issues and rectified, or knows of a way to sort the issue out we are having?

Thanks

Daniel
Sponsored

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
How are you trying to put in 4lo?
Dont come to a full stop.. A slow roll with the transmission in neutral, though drive will still work, and then shift to 4lo at like 2-3 MPH. At a dead stop, it will be hard to get it in 4lo.

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
I know this is an old thread but I had a similar issue with mine except that it would also engage 4WD on tarmac (I run 4 Auto all of the time). Turned out to be a faulty ABS sensor. Haven't had an issue since it was replaced.

mnicho29

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2.2 Rubicon
My Rubicon seems to be having consistent issues with 4wd engagement? The first time we took it offroad, 4 low didn't engage. Then the 4wd service light came on and stayed on the entire time. We turned the car off then back on and it engaged low range.
We took it to the dealer where they said they couldn't see an issue.
Went out last week only to have the same issues occurring. Turn car off and back on then the system engages.
We don't want to continue to have to turn the car off to engage low range.
Has anyone had similar issues and rectified, or knows of a way to sort the issue out we are having?

Thanks

Daniel
I had a similar issue and tracked the problem to the FAD not operating correctly. I solved the issue by unplugging the connector on the axle, spraying pins with contact cleaner. The issues is more or less solved. Occasionally I’ll need to give it a clean after a while or heaps of water crossings. I just the cleaner with me incase it happens
Sponsored