Sponsored

Newdeal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Take this for what it is, advice from a garge door installer. Be careful adjusting the arm, or limits on your opener. Some adjustments can be detrimental to the life, functionality, and safety of the door itself. Also if you open the door too far you can unspool or dump the cable off of the grooves on the drums they wrap around causing several issues that will need to be fixed by a qualified technician. They are dangerous. Be safe everyone. Just my 2 cents.
Do you know what the purpose is of the metal covering that runs along the top inside of the garage door? It protrudes about three inches outward and is about 1 inch wide. You can see it in the pictures on this thread. The arm goes over it. It appears to cover a metal rod or cable that connects the first set of rollers. Can it safely be removed or reduced in size? It may make the difference of a rubicon fitting in my garage at 74" to this low point when garage door is open. Any input you could provide would be appreciated.
Sponsored

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Mine only fits without the hardtop on. Sucks but at least I can store it there during summer nights. I wonder if it will fit with a soft top (don't own one yet). I literally only need about an inch to clear it with the hardtop.

drummerchick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, Sting-Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Mine only fits without the hardtop on. Sucks but at least I can store it there during summer nights. I wonder if it will fit with a soft top (don't own one yet). I literally only need about an inch to clear it with the hardtop.
My understanding is that the soft top is slightly taller because of the curved metal ribs.

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Sounds like you need an on-board air system so you can let down your tires to get in and out every day
Sponsored