Sponsored

2018 Left Overs

beachbum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
Thanks I did, and he is a very nice guy. I just missed the group buy but he told me he could do 4% under invoice on a 2020. I am going to be patient. I think in a few months once 2020's start hitting dealer lots, Jeep will be forced to offer bigger incentives on remaining 2018's and 2019's. I would like to get $10K off a 2018 and $5-6K off a 2019 if possible.
Criswell does 8% with Tread Lightly and 7% without on custom build 2020's
Sponsored

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
Criswell does 8% with Tread Lightly and 7% without on custom build 2020's
Thanks I have to research this and have a trade in and my state offers a tax break, but I am not sure if buying outside of the New England area would qualify.

Gscully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Straight from the dealer. Talking to them about their advertised "discount".

They are taking the MSRP, subtracting the "discount" and then adding the freight charge back.

2019-07-30_13-35-45.gif

Which dealer is this? That’s the weirdest thing I’ve ever heard but I’m sure people fall for it.

OP
OP
mikegcny

mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software
Which dealer is this? That’s the weirdest thing I’ve ever heard but I’m sure people fall for it.
Dulles. But tons of dealers do this. Whenever you see an advertised discount read the disclaimer.

Sponsored

jconli1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Emergency Comms, Music
Vehicle Showcase
Knew I wanted a V6 Sport, and knew they were the least popular configuration, so my hopes were high that if I waited long enough, I could make a very good deal (my hatred for touchscreens and driver aides has worked very well for me in past deals)

I'd been watching inventories all over the west coast for the last year and a half. One particular 2018 rig was set up *exactly* how I'd have it from the factory (white, auto, Dana 44 rear, tow, aux, XM, tinted softtop), but was asking full MSRP for over a year. Once they passed 400 days on the lot, it started to come down incrementally week by week. Had my plan together, just waiting. Finally it ended up at a 25% discount (dipping just below the $30k line for a fairly loaded Sport?!) and I gleefully pulled the trigger with no regrets.

The resale values are so odd, there are used '18s on the lot with less options and thousands of miles that are going for far more than I paid brand new for my relatively loaded rig. But the deals are disappearing quickly and '19's aren't hitting those levels of discount.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knew I wanted a V6 Sport, and knew they were the least popular configuration, so my hopes were high that if I waited long enough, I could make a very good deal (my hatred for touchscreens and driver aides has worked very well for me in past deals)

I'd been watching inventories all over the west coast for the last year and a half. One particular 2018 rig was set up *exactly* how I'd have it from the factory (white, auto, Dana 44 rear, tow, aux, XM, tinted softtop), but was asking full MSRP for over a year. Once they passed 400 days on the lot, it started to come down incrementally week by week. Had my plan together, just waiting. Finally it ended up at a 25% discount (dipping just below the $30k line for a fairly loaded Sport?!) and I gleefully pulled the trigger with no regrets.

The resale values are so odd, there are used '18s on the lot with less options and thousands of miles that are going for far more than I paid brand new for my relatively loaded rig. But the deals are disappearing quickly and '19's aren't hitting those levels of discount.
I buy a lot of used and CPO cars. Most dealers markup used/CPO by about $4K on average and usually there is a lot of negotiating room. Especially if the car has been sitting on their lot for awhile. In your case I doubt used would have saved you any money since you got such a great deal, but I don’t take posted used car prices at face value.

Congrats on the Jeep! And your right most of the 2018’s I’m finding left either are missing something I really like (like Cold Weather it 7” Tech Group) or come with a ton of options I don’t want like dual top, safety group, alpine speakers etc.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L

Well done. 25% at this point in time seems like the right number to me. Congrats for waiting, watching, and ultimately saving a bunch to money that you can dump into mods.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hunted 2018’s all week and must have reached out to 15+ dealers in 3 different states. The problem I found was that many of the leftovers were either loaded down with options I didn’t want, or missing options I really wanted, or were the wrong color, or dealers that had the model and options I wanted would only offer 5-10% off MSRP.

Ordering a 2020 would have been the same price. So I started focusing on 2019’s and was able to negotiate about 10% off and the dealer agreed to pay over KBB value on my trade. Right when I was heading out to buy it another dealer called and matched the trade in and offered 14% off MSRP. It was the exact options and color I wanted. Signed the paperwork and pick the vehicle up Tuesday morning.

So if you can’t find the right 2018 start looking for 2019 deals.

Burnasty

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I've been checking out their site, and they seem to have some of the best prices in the area. Was that the advertised price, or were you able to get them to come down some more? Thanks!
They showed me what they paid which was 4K more than what I paid. They also gave me top dollar on my trade. It was awesome

Sponsored

89TransAmWS6

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0T, 2020 GC 3.6, 1993 Pontiac Trans Am
Occupation
Fleet Manager
Anyone else feeling the 2018 blues? I have been hunting for a bit before I order a '20 and the dealers that still have them dont seem to want to budge... Do you think they ever realize WHY they are still sitting on them?

Fred Beans in PA has 3 2018 JLUSS sitting on the lot that are pretty much what I would have ordered (except the tan seats, but hey there are some really nice fitted seat covers out there) but they have no desire to deal.

Talking with a few others but its been kind of crazy. NJ dealers think you are full of it when you tell them that other dealers will sell below invoice..nevermind 8%!

20s are hitting the lots around here now...anyone getting any great deals on 18s?

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else feeling the 2018 blues? I have been hunting for a bit before I order a '20 and the dealers that still have them dont seem to want to budge... Do you think they ever realize WHY they are still sitting on them?

Fred Beans in PA has 3 2018 JLUSS sitting on the lot that are pretty much what I would have ordered (except the tan seats, but hey there are some really nice fitted seat covers out there) but they have no desire to deal.

Talking with a few others but its been kind of crazy. NJ dealers think you are full of it when you tell them that other dealers will sell below invoice..nevermind 8%!

20s are hitting the lots around here now...anyone getting any great deals on 18s?
Capitol CDJ in Willimantic, CT is dealing. They have some 2018's left. Red, white, punk'n, and I think black. Mostly Saharas maybe?

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

NJ dealers blow. They all think they’re sitting on gold. All think they have one of a kind builds they you can get anywhere else. 3 of the last 4 cars I bought were out of state. Better prices and more pleasant experience.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
NJ dealers blow. They all think they’re sitting on gold. All think they have one of a kind builds they you can get anywhere else. 3 of the last 4 cars I bought were out of state. Better prices and more pleasant experience.
Unlike many, many of my experiences over the last 45 years of buying cars, dealing with Capitol (yes, capitol with an o) was really, really nice. What they said they meant, what they promised they delivered. No real haggling, no back and forth of the salesman going to the manager...and the finance guy there Greg, got me a loan for a LOT less than I expected.

Overall it was a fantastic experience. And now they have a new JLUR that I am drooling over they had customized. It's gorgeous. :)

89TransAmWS6

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0T, 2020 GC 3.6, 1993 Pontiac Trans Am
Occupation
Fleet Manager
Yes, most of them do. Some of them have what appear to be good deals (if it was still 2018) but they are still more than ordering new from Criswell. Ultimately that is what I will probably do but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try for a sick deal on a 18.
Sponsored