First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software
That’s surprising especially because that dealer was just offering $10k off sticker just a few weeks ago.
If you are referring to their radio commercials (or print) - it is only for "select" Wranglers. They are not budging on the Rubicons.

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
He is correct in stating they are 2 model years old.

The generation/platform changed in 2018, but each year is still called a model year.
Nope....

The model year (MY) of a product is a number used worldwide, but with a high level of prominence in North America, to describe approximately when a product was produced, and it usually indicates the coinciding base specification (design revision number) of that product.

The model year and the actual calendar year of production rarely coincide. For example, a North American 2015 model year automobile is available during most of the 2015 calendar year, but is usually also available from the third quarter of 2014 because production of the 2015 model began in July or August 2014, continuing to May/June/July 2015.

Stephen Goode

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
Nope....

The model year (MY) of a product is a number used worldwide, but with a high level of prominence in North America, to describe approximately when a product was produced, and it usually indicates the coinciding base specification (design revision number) of that product.

The model year and the actual calendar year of production rarely coincide. For example, a North American 2015 model year automobile is available during most of the 2015 calendar year, but is usually also available from the third quarter of 2014 because production of the 2015 model began in July or August 2014, continuing to May/June/July 2015.
Are you serious trying to prove people wrong on such a tiny detail?&$@??? Get a damn life!

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Nope....

2020 = current model year
2019 = 1 model year old
2018 = 2 model years old

Sponsored

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
He’s not being a “hall monitor”. Rather, he is only pointing out that your post is specious.
Actually, its not wrong...look it up...Dam, so many thinned skinned people over here.

PAFarmBoy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Military
Tried to order my Wrangler in early June and was told they stopped taking orders mid-May for 2019 models. Put my deposit down and I currently have a delivery date for mid to late October, but am still waiting for Jeep to come out with 2020 specs and price guide. I thought that should be out by now, but who knows.

Sponsored

snide

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Grand Cherokee
My 2 cents. I bought an 18 a month ago for more than $10k off sticker. SAME vehicle as a 2020 when I’m ready to sell, if I ever sell it, the difference will be very minimal. I don’t understand the logic of not getting the same car for possibly 5-10k off just to have a 2 year newer same Jeep. That no one will care about in a few years.
This. 3 months ago, I bought a left over '18, for 21% off sticker.

OP
OP
mikegcny

mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software
I so wish I could find a dealer near me willing to go 21 under MSRP on an '18.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
21% off is fantastic. At that point you're probably getting a better deal than you would on a used one! Especially considering that interest on used car loans is a tiny bit higher.
Sponsored