Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
OK, so. My 2019 JL Sport 2 door (bought off the dealer lot) was built in Nov of 2018. My Mopar website entry says the V41 was completed. so, two questions:

1. Can I believe that the V41 WAS really done, or do I need to check that?
1a. If I need to check, how do I do that?

2. Is the V41 the same recall that all the news releases this week are talkiing about, or is this a different steering issue?
Sponsored

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
OK, so. My 2019 JL Sport 2 door (bought off the dealer lot) was built in Nov of 2018. My Mopar website entry says the V41 was completed. so, two questions:

1. Can I believe that the V41 WAS really done, or do I need to check that?
1a. If I need to check, how do I do that?

2. Is the V41 the same recall that all the news releases this week are talkiing about, or is this a different steering issue?
Get under the front and look at the steering damper. Should say 580AE. 580AC is the old bad one.

OP
OP
Mikeoso

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Ok, we have AE...that takes care of question 1. How about question 2?

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Get under the front and look at the steering damper. Should say 580AE. 580AC is the old bad one.
Mine is an AD so I guess that one is bad too, because I got the letter from FCA.
March 2019 build.

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
Mine is an AD so I guess that one is bad too, because I got the letter from FCA.
March 2019 build.
Lol mine too! No mention of the letter D in the recalls. Mines a feb 2019 build. I bet you’re right though. Unless it says 580AE we’re not up to date.

Sponsored

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep V41 is what’s all over the Brazilian this week. It’s supposed to fix the death wobble.

OP
OP
Mikeoso

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Yep V41 is what’s all over the Brazilian this week. It’s supposed to fix the death wobble.
OK, great. All fixed, then.
Btw...my first Jeep was a 1949 Willys wagon. We'd never heard of Death Wobble. We called it "shimmy", and it was normal.

sgtkersh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon in Ocean Blue Metallic
OK, great. All fixed, then.
Btw...my first Jeep was a 1949 Willys wagon. We'd never heard of Death Wobble. We called it "shimmy", and it was normal.
I think that is because many people in this forum have a shimmy or even experience bump steer and think it is a case of death wobble. A new stabilizer doesn't fix true death wobble. Death wobble is an oscillation of the steering components creating a shaking/wobble throughout the steering that you can feel up through the steering wheel. To diagnose and correct, you actually would remove the stabilizer, drive the vehicle, and try and determine what is causing the oscillation. I have seen some folks use a go pro to see where the problem starts since it can be a number of issues starting with just tightening everything up.

In these generations of Wranglers (JK/JL) the biggest cause has been larger than stock tires wearing the ball joints prematurely. Another frequent cause is loose steering component bolts in things like tie rods and track bars that cause a wallowing out of the bolt holes introducing slop in the component.

Attaboy55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep wrangler jl 2 door firecracker red
If you have the stabilizer which ends is 580AE you have answered both questions, might wanna check for snugness with torque wrench other than that " carry on", I assumed you would ask for torque specs, and the V41 recall brochure is attached...
Sponsored

Attachments