Not open for further replies.

alex_a2012

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 E350 MB Coupe, 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Joe, I just spoke with Mike, the owner of JTops. They are sending me a new shade as it should not droop like it is. There are a couple reasons that it does droop and not work quite as it should, but either way, they know about it and are gladly sending me out a new one.

Figured I would give you a heads up unless you are the other person Mike said he has spoken with. If that wasnt you, [email protected] will get the ball rolling to figuring out your issue.

I installed my JTOPSUSA yesterday and was unimpressed with the droop that occurs when you fold back magnetized flap and have the hardtop. It's a bust for me. I'll try adjusting mine as you did yours; however, the entire second row and cargo area is already taut. [email protected]
Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Maybe a stupid question, but I just got a hard top after running only a softop for the last year... How the heck to you latch/unlatch the rear side latches of the freedom panels with the jtop shade installed? Sure, they put the slots for the rear center latches, but the outer ones?

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Anyone figure out how to fix the “droop” of the shade in the front when the hard top is installed? I would have thought with this being the JtopsUSA forum JtopsUSA would have addressed these concerns from nearly a year ago.

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
Anyone figure out how to fix the “droop” of the shade in the front when the hard top is installed? I would have thought with this being the JtopsUSA forum JtopsUSA would have addressed these concerns from nearly a year ago.
You're not pulling hard enough. I have zero droop. I have had it up to 70 and still no issues.

IMG_3460.JPG

IMG_3461.JPG

IMG_3459.JPG

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
You're not pulling hard enough. I have zero droop. I have had it up to 70 and still no issues.

IMG_3460.JPG

IMG_3461.JPG

IMG_3459.JPG
I don’t have one but I’m looking at getting one. My question was when you install the hard top and fold back the magnetized flap and the alleged “droop”. Not when installed without hard top.

Sponsored

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t have one but I’m looking at getting one. My question was when you install the hard top and fold back the magnetized flap and the alleged “droop”. Not when installed without hard top.
For that I'll have to let you know tomorrow when I put the hardtop back on. There is a rod that spans the overhead opening so my thought is it will lie on that rod but I'll know more tomorrow.

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hardtop on, still looks ok I think.

IMG_3463.JPG

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Ive had two JTops. They sent me a second one for free because of the droop. Two things changed.
One, they had a batch go out where the foam pads under the buckles were upside down (sticky side vs smooth side) so that the buckles didnt hold their position on the painted section of the bar. This helped slightly.
Two, they added a stretchy piece of something around the middle hole for the freedom panel locks. This made the droop back to the same. I cant get the buckles tight enough to stop the droop.

The second one is maybe, slightly better than the first.

@offset_98 , it looks like you dont have the middle hole for the freedom panel locks. Am I seeing that correctly? Maybe I should get them to send me one without the center hole, if so...

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ive had two JTops. They sent me a second one for free because of the droop. Two things changed.
One, they had a batch go out where the foam pads under the buckles were upside down (sticky side vs smooth side) so that the buckles didnt hold their position on the painted section of the bar. This helped slightly.
Two, they added a stretchy piece of something around the middle hole for the freedom panel locks. This made the droop back to the same. I cant get the buckles tight enough to stop the droop.

The second one is maybe, slightly better than the first.

@offset_98 , it looks like you dont have the middle hole for the freedom panel locks. Am I seeing that correctly? Maybe I should get them to send me one without the center hole, if so...
It's there.

IMG_3465.JPG

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I took JTops off. When I have it on with my top on and it is not connected to the windshield channel it drops down and touches the the top of my head. I am 6’3” though so I may just be to tall for it. Only had it on for a couple of weeks and saw it was not going to work for me when I had my top on. It works fine with my top off and I have it fitted to the windshield channel. I also tried the Alien on the front and it rubbed my head 100 percent of the time. I gave that thing away.

Sponsored

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
It's there.

IMG_3465.JPG
Crazy that yours doesnt droop as bad as some. If mine didnt droop it would be perfect. With the top off and it fully installed it is perfect. Top on it droops and looks stupid.

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crazy that yours doesnt droop as bad as some. If mine didnt droop it would be perfect. With the top off and it fully installed it is perfect. Top on it droops and looks stupid.
Just by looking at the location of the middle hole for the freedom panels and how far back it is, you can see how tightly I have it fit. I have it ultra tight left to right as well. I put the top on, drove it, re-tightened it, drove it again but this time on the highway and when I went to re-tighten it a third time, only 2 straps needed it.

I think its just a matter of taking the time to tinker with it. We'll see if it droops over time as my top is on until the fall (Hot and sticky season in FL right now).

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Ive had two, tightened them all sorts of ways. The first one didnt have the elastic band at the middle hole. Ill try one more time, then Ill be done with it. Not getting rid of it or anything, but accepting it is the way it is. I love it when the top is off.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.