Speed Sensitive Volume

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
I have the speed sensitive volume turned on to the highest level and I do not believe it is doing a thing. I have the same feature on my RAM and I do notice that it adjusts the volume. With the Jeep I need to turn up the volume when I get to highway speeds. This is not my first Jeep and I know they are louder than a RAM at highway speeds but I really think if it were working properly that I would not need to adjust.

Anyone else notice this?

For reference I have the 8.4 radio.
Sponsored

ieatcats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punkn JLUR
I have the speed sensitive volume turned on to the highest level and I do not believe it is doing a thing. I have the same feature on my RAM and I do notice that it adjusts the volume. With the Jeep I need to turn up the volume when I get to highway speeds. This is not my first Jeep and I know they are louder than a RAM at highway speeds but I really think if it were working properly that I would not need to adjust.

Anyone else notice this?

I have it on too and it's useless. It's not just you.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else notice this?

I have the 7.0" and keep it on medium (highest level was too extreme). I do not have the upgraded audio however... maybe it's a perk for us poor souls who didn't upgrade. ;)

Obone

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RUBICON
Occupation
physician
I have it on too and it's useless. It's not just you.
It does not seen to work on mine. It works on my convertible Covette, so I know what to expect. But I still love my JL.

Sponsored

shadowhunter22

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
Mine definitely works, but it doesn't seem to be a linear change. It's most notable when slowing down; as soon as I come to a complete stop, the volume drops pretty dramatically. I wish it was a little more subtle. One of my college buddies had a BMW that you could set the volume while at a dead stop, and you'd have that same relative volume no matter what speed you were going, and it was surprisingly nice.

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
I have upgraded audio with the 7" screen. The highest setting (3?) seems to be just about right for me.

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
7" Rubicon set to max (+3) keep my radio around 12 for volume. I can notice it jump up when I got 10 mph going slow in traffic very consistently and will drop down when I go below 5 mph. Was sitting in slow moving traffic today leaving work and was playing with it by adjusting my speed. Can really notice it on certain songs. I wish it was a more gradual adjustment as it can be jarring in slow traffic.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Snayte

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
It does not seen to work on mine. It works on my convertible Covette, so I know what to expect. But I still love my JL.
Do you have the 8.4? I am noticing a trend. Should maybe get @JeepCares involved. sounds like there is a bug in the radio.

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Do you have the 8.4? I am noticing a trend. Should maybe get @JeepCares involved. sounds like there is a bug in the radio.
I have the 8.4" and I was trying to figure out why it wasn't doing anything. So I turned it off.

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
Lots have reported no success with the 8.4
Sponsored